Things I've learnt from commuting

zeabre

Remember your keys so that can unlock your bike. Walking is less fun

Or like me who forgot my lock altogether at home the other day.  Luckily in Germany so many others commuting so just locked the bike with one of my co-workers

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember your keys so that can unlock your bike. Walking is less fun

I have taken to having a spare office and lock key made .... this is on a carabiner attached to my backpack shoulder strap, so I now never leave the keys at home or on my desk again ... used to be a pain to come to work early in winter and then have to wait outside the office in the cold :(

I also have spare keys of my lock and lockers locks in my office draw and a colleague has a spare draw key...

I've also got spare clothes in my locker... I once got to work and realized I forgot my pants but I managed to borrow a security lady's spare pants... which was hilarious on the day!

I also have spare keys of my lock and lockers locks in my office draw and a colleague has a spare draw key...

I've also got spare clothes in my locker... I once got to work and realized I forgot my pants but I managed to borrow a security lady's spare pants... which was hilarious on the day!

Oh that could have been funny at the dinner table ... Hi Honey how was work today.  Oh great, I got to wear the security ladies' pants today.

I forgot my comb at home today. It's the simplest little thing that can be a problem if you're a woman... or Peter Sagan

Anyway, I did the best that I could using my fingers as a makeshift comb. I'm walking around the office looking a bit like I just got out of bed.

note to self: buy a spare comb to live at the office

I have a comb and deo at the office at all times....

I have forgotten my belt before and have had to use zip/cable ties to keep my pants up...trick I learnt a while ago though - always put them on the side or at the back, a mate of mine did this once and used zip ties across the front and closed off the button...he needed the toilet suddenly and had to jump around to find cutters/scissors to get his pants loose.... 

I forgot my comb at home today. It's the simplest little thing that can be a problem if you're a woman... or Peter Sagan

Anyway, I did the best that I could using my fingers as a makeshift comb. I'm walking around the office looking a bit like I just got out of bed.

note to self: buy a spare comb to live at the office

What's a 'comb' homie  :whistling:

Used a paper clip to close the top button of my work pants, because i forgot my belt at home. :-)

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

always keep a length of rope in my bag should we need to tow someone home due to a mechanical or if I carry home wheels, frames, etc.

The rope has also acted as an impromptu belt.

As mentioned waaaaay in the beginning of this thread, I have spare deo, shoes, belt, hair brush (comb does not get through my hair easily), pull-over lying at work.

Edited by Bateleur1

always keep a length of rope in my bag should we need to tow someone home due to a mechanical or if I carry home wheels, frames, etc.

The rope has also acted as an impromptu belt.

I'd be too scared to strangle a few motorists - I don't have any weapons on me for that reason ;)

Used a paper clip to close the top button of my work pants, because i forgot my belt at home. :-)

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3436/3919475290_371dfacf36.jpg

The picture makes me think of a colleague who has recently started cycling and she's basically done that with her hair, when I saw it all I wanted to know was, "How the hell ar you going to get a helmet over that!?"

Her answer was, "I just have to" - which clearly was code for, "I also have no idea how this will work"

Learnt this morning that squirrels can scare the sh!t out of you.  Leisure commute to work this morning along the river and surrounded by trees when this over eager bugger came running accros the road at lightning speed.  Hardly had time to swerve or break and just managed to miss the cute little bugger.  I was wide awake after that.

Learnt this morning that squirrels can scare the **** out of you.  Leisure commute to work this morning along the river and surrounded by trees when this over eager bugger came running accros the road at lightning speed.  Hardly had time to swerve or break and just managed to miss the cute little bugger.  I was wide awake after that.

Things more predictable than squirrels:

• Taxis
  • Mom's on the school run
  • Pedestrians
  • Rabid dogs
  • Motorists speeding past and turning left
  • First time Argus riders braving the South Easter
  • The chance of me vomiting at Baviaans