Things I've learnt from commuting

zeabre

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I learnt this morning that you should always take the time to stop and admire and appreciate this beautiful place that we live in, even if it makes your commute a few minutes longer.

What a stunning view!!

Things I've learnt from commuting....if you are someone who likes to snooze the alarm but know you still have to commute by bike to work, but you think 5mins snooze-the-alarm will help with tiredness, you'll find any excuse to drive into work instead of cycle, for e.g. I wakeup damn tired, everything is packed out already the night before, just need to get dressed, however you stumble to the bike room only to see the one sock is not turned inside-out & thats it, your ticket to jump back into bed for another 5-20mins of sleep, i know it doesnt help much & only makes things worse but.....

Oops! Busted... :ph34r:

Well, I learnt yesterday that it is totally impossible to keep up with Beattbox riding a roadbike when I'm on a 5 inch travel trailbike with huge Kenda Excavators and about a half ton of lights and batteries attached. Not even sitting in his slipstream could save me. Every pedal stroke I could see him opening the gap a few millimetres and on every hill that suddenly became a 100 metres. I won't bring an overweight knife to the next gun-fight!

Sorry for the tasteless comment above about getting tired on Boyes Drive.

I realized this morning that my pump is waaaayyyyy too small for 29er wheels. Thinking of carrying floorpump with.

If you are commuting get one of those valve adaptors so that you can pump up your tyres by the petrol station ... your mini mini pump should get you to the petrol station though.

I threw my mini pump away while riding the monster. was the 2nd one that didn't give enough pressure, so frustrating. I usually ride with bombs, but they dry out the sealant...

I saw a can of something this weekend (similar to a bomb, but not co2) that doesn't dry out sealant, but I can't remember what it was...

I threw my mini pump away while riding the monster. was the 2nd one that didn't give enough pressure, so frustrating. I usually ride with bombs, but they dry out the sealant...

I saw a can of something this weekend (similar to a bomb, but not co2) that doesn't dry out sealant, but I can't remember what it was...

Had to be Pitsop or Geax

I realized this morning that my pump is waaaayyyyy too small for 29er wheels. Thinking of carrying floorpump with.

I guess you are not using UST tires then?

I hope you threw it into a bin!

I hope you threw it into a bin!

:unsure: :unsure:. it's the only non biodegradable item i've ever left on a trail. i'm usually the oke who'll pick up cr*p in the middle of nowhere if i see it. it was on the side of the trail, so I'm pretty sure it was picked up pretty quickly after I left it.. i hope :blush:

Nope. No UST. Still considering it, will be a ghetto setup though. This mornings' commute went through without a hitch :) loving it.

Have to upgrade brakes from stock though, had a downhill where I was admiring scenary instead of watching the road, when I had to brake there wasn't nearly enough stopping power. My weight + laptop + clothes + a bloody 4kg chain that lives at work now..

My 2nd week at a new employer. Going to take a tour of the shower facilities and have a key cut (if the showers are clean). So hopefully my commuting will begin again tomorrow :clap: