Mankele Avalanche

Kranswurm

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really enjoyed watching that event last nite.

I would love to try that next year.Is a XC bike ok or must one have more travel and beef?

Ja jeesh, looked awesome.I think in the Cape area between Tokai, Jonkers and Contermanskloof etc we have more than enough trails to almost make a megavalanche series of it.

• 8 months later...

We are going this year but I won't be riding for obvious reasons. The wife was on the podium first year it was run so she is keen. This year our 15 year old daughter also wants to ride.

A 130 to 150mm trail bike is best but you can do it on a hardtail bike. Because some sections are quite steep (without any real gnarly bits) you will be more confident if the bike has more relaxed geometry - whether HT or FS. DH bikes do not work there because there are some real pedally sections.

:w00t: :drool: Yip yip, things are looking good. Mark was out today working on Stage 2. Ripped up an old boardwalk & replaced it with an even faster, longer boardwalk, nice corner & even a bit of a drop off. Don't worry there is a chicken run aswell.

There's a whole lot more shaved legged racing snakes this year. Hopefully my Sani fitness will get me through them peddly sections.

What to ride???? 2012 Scott Spark 29er soft tail, or the old faithfull 2009 Santacruz Blur??? :blink:

:w00t: :drool: Yip yip, things are looking good. Mark was out today working on Stage 2. Ripped up an old boardwalk & replaced it with an even faster, longer boardwalk, nice corner & even a bit of a drop off. Don't worry there is a chicken run aswell.

There's a whole lot more shaved legged racing snakes this year. Hopefully my Sani fitness will get me through them peddly sections.

What to ride???? 2012 Scott Spark 29er soft tail, or the old faithfull 2009 Santacruz Blur??? :blink:

WHAT TO WEAR - LYCRA OR BAGGIES?????? :whistling:

Depends if you want to win...

Every year the winner seems to be clad in lycra.

simple aerodynamics really! I bet the winner has shaved legs too :lol:

it's not about winning, it's about barreling down a mountain as fast as you can. why do lycra's always think it's about winning?

it's not about winning, it's about barreling down a mountain as fast as you can. why do lycra's always think it's about winning?

cos they have to have a reason to validate them looking that ridiculous :lol:

EDIT: Ladies are an exception though. Lycra welcome on them.

Edited by patches