Don't buy from this Hubber

MTB MAN

PLEASE, use the seller and buyer rating system on the hub to its full potential and you will see how the community will regulate bad purchasers and sellers.

Hubbers lobbied for a long time for this system. Now its here and hardly anybody makes use of it. Just a bunch of sideline commentators who don't purchase much and cant appreciate the value of this tool of the hub.

Show me where you read this?

Right here.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Chubba!

I was in the process of pondering and typing my post - didn't see you dibs pics until I posted...

:clap: 10/10 for those pics....

Next time I have dinner at the strip club I'm going to call dibs on the fat chick and if anyone "beats" me to her then they better be having some good credentials and reputations or else it's on like donkey kong.

Bwahahahaa!!

That gave me a LARGE dose of the chuckles! Large enough to make said fat chick transform into a sea of waves...

Yes, I am. Why shouldn't that be the case?

I've looked on the link to the ad from the OP and I dont see the number. Also looked on the personal details page. Please show the listed number. :unsure:

Wouldn't that be slightly draconian? Preventing someone from advertising on the Hub because he has advertised elsewhere? Surely the whole point of advertising is to reach the largest audience possible, given available means. If you limit peoples' available platforms due to draconian measures such as these, what happens to the free market system that we all so love and appreciate?

Bwahahahaa!!

That gave me a LARGE dose of the chuckles! Large enough to make said fat chick transform into a sea of waves...

:( when ever I am lonely or sad, I think of FAT chicks...

Coppi - clue yourself up first. Contact details are removed from an advertisement when said advertisement is closed. This is to prevent further messages and phonecalls on the item itself.

Have a look at his other items, and you shall see his details, in all their glory.

I'll even give you a hyper-link to make it THAT much easier for you.

My link

Good to know. Thanks. Now I'm "clued" up.

So its clear then: the guy who was successful in purchasing should have "dibssed" before aebro; and then phoned. :P

or

The seller could have posted at 14h15 to inform aebro that he has received feedback by phone or PM and that aebro actually has 2nd dibs and will be contacted if the sale falls through. That way the seller continues to use and update the sale thread.

That way aebro would have not been led to believe he was first in line.

You left out one more group, the guys that dont give a hoot, but like to get on the action with a joke or two! ;)

All this over a used helmut?

Chubba make me an offer for the following:-

13,4 fairly well used underpants - can be used to clean the bike

A tub of Whalefat to be used as chamois cream.

A bundle of mismatched socks, some cycling socks, safari suit socks and old rugby socks that I last used 42 years ago.

A few old cycling pants. The chamois are little marked but still in a good condition.

First good offer takes all. No dibbing!

Guest agteros

Now this is starting to just go round and round and round

Soos 'n passer al om sy eie gat

Time to unsubscribe

Wouldn't that be slightly draconian? Preventing someone from advertising on the Hub because he has advertised elsewhere? Surely the whole point of advertising is to reach the largest audience possible, given available means. If you limit peoples' available platforms due to draconian measures such as these, what happens to the free market system that we all so love and appreciate?

Nice word. But not an answer.

You can advertise wherever you want. That is the free market system as you correctly point out.

Yes, that system is to be revered in every sense of its capitalist definition.

But, review the suggestion, if you choose to advertise on the hub you are requested to be exclusive for that time.

What you do before or after that is entirely up to you.

All this over a used helmut?

Chubba make me an offer for the following:-

13,4 fairly well used underpants - can be used to clean the bike

A tub of Whalefat to be used as chamois cream.

A bundle of mismatched socks, some cycling socks, safari suit socks and old rugby socks that I last used 42 years ago.

A few old cycling pants. The chamois are little marked but still in a good condition.

First good offer takes all. No dibbing!

eccentric1 : please clearly state your credentials, reputation and any other personality disorders you may have.

secondly, was the cycling pants used with real Chamois Butt'r, if so I call dibs!

Now this is starting to just go round and round and round

Soos 'n passer al om sy eie gat

Time to unsubscribe

Do you pay to subscribe? Do they do a credit cheque? I know as much about computers as your Grandma! Please explain!

Good to know. Thanks. Now I'm "clued" up.

So its clear then: the guy who was successful in purchasing should have "dibssed" before aebro; and then phoned. :P

or

The seller could have posted at 14h15 to inform aebro that he has received feedback by phone or PM and that aebro actually has 2nd dibs and will be contacted if the sale falls through. That way the seller continues to use and update the sale thread.

That way aebro would have not been led to believe he was first in line.

I'm stil inclined to say that the guy need not have indicated his desire to buy in any other way than phoning Gordon. Alternatively, he might have been phoning and then dibsing, but been sidetracked after the phonecall. We all know how easily that can happen.

As for the notification of sale of the item - yes. If Gordon even saw the PM notification or SMS in the first place... If he didn't, then you can't blame him for not telling the guy that it was sold already.

But heck - we all react differently to various things. Someone even left a message on my phone the day that I had sold my roadbike, asking about it and expressing KEEN interest. I phoned him back, just to say it had just been sold.

Common courtesy.

My problem with this was that the OPer was unreservedly flaming the seller, because he lost out on a sale and somebody phoned the seller first, then didn't "dibs" it on the thread, whereas the OPer signalled intent on the thread (which we don't even know if the seller received) then SMS'd the seller (again, we don't know if the SMS was received, or when it was received) and didn't phone him until it was too late.

My view - phone first, SMS 2nd, post on a thread 3rd.

But yes - I would have told the guys posting on the thread that the item was sold.

eccentric1 : please clearly state your credentials, reputation and any other personality disorders you may have.

secondly, was the cycling pants used with real Chamois Butt'r, if so I call dibs!

Does whale fat count as chamois cream?

No personality disorders, I promise, does sudlexia and color blindness count as a disorder. I am faily sure I have no disorders, I will ask my wife if I have any disorders, I fart when I sleep at night, is that a disorder. I am now worried about the disorders, is your request and order or disorder?

Would my 211 page CV count as credentials?

Let see what you guys think of this I was a potential buyer for a helmet that went up for sale Catlike whisper helmet. I PM'd the Hubber asking him about the helmet obviously calling dibs on the product.As we were discussing the product he had sold the helmet after I sent an sms and a PM and posting on the for sale ad that I want the product now why all of a sudden are there complete A@#H%#@! on the Hub it seems they don't understand the word dibs

https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/10567-catlike-whisper-plus-team/

This is the link to this seller's product you guys can give me an opinion if I am wrong or wright but you just don't operate this way.After this k@k move I don't really want to purchase from the hub anymore it is just not the way it use to be...

Jy huil soos n klein kind oor niks. Jou pa moet jou pakslae gee...

Nice word. But not an answer.

You can advertise wherever you want. That is the free market system as you correctly point out.

Yes, that system is to be revered in every sense of its capitalist definition.

But, review the suggestion, if you choose to advertise on the hub you are requested to be exclusive for that time.

What you do before or after that is entirely up to you.

That would still be (okay, not draconian this time) archaic in its construct, granting the seller access to the Hub's member base (who are inherently cycling obsessed. At least, most of us, that is) on the proviso that he not advertise elsewhere.

There should be no "sole agency" agreement, in my opinion. The users of the hub have access to all other forms of media when perusing saleable items. Why restrict the seller?

Does whale fat count as chamois cream?

No personality disorders, I promise, does sudlexia and color blindness count as a disorder. I am faily sure I have no disorders, I will ask my wife if I have any disorders, I fart when I sleep at night, is that a disorder. I am now worried about the disorders, is your request and order or disorder?

Would my 211 page CV count as credentials?

Do we add or subtract those numbers to / from each other, or are the last 210 just one big doodle?

Do we add or subtract those numbers to / from each other, or are the last 210 just one big doodle?

PM me your email address. Make me an offer on the well used socks and reading the CV you will fall asleep without using your horrible sleeping pills. Besides if they find traces of those pils in your piepie they will ban you for life from the PPA.