Don't buy from this Hubber

MTB MAN

Anycase who buys a second hand helmet, I have a bunch of slightley worn Jockey underpants, anybody iterested?, please do not say "dibs"

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys we are all adults, so if you want something, say I'll take it and get bank details - or better yet phone (I could have logged off straight after posting the ad.)

As I've just said to Aebro in a PM, I will happily reply to every enquiry I get until I get a firm commitment and money in the bank. That is how the hub works. And it works effectively.

Well we were busy negotiating on delivery as I was going to pay his price plus postage so I am the first buyer...

This was posted as i was typing my thoughts. Hmm...maybe there is cause for disappointment but get over it. It isn't worth stressing about.

Hub classifieds still remain my favorite place to buy and sell. I think we all mean well.....( well almost all of us ;) )

Anycase who buys a second hand helmet, I have a bunch of slightley worn Jockey underpants, anybody iterested?, please do not say "dibs"

Shotgun :blush::blush:

Guest agteros

Let see what you guys think of this I was a potential buyer for a helmet that went up for sale Catlike whisper helmet. I PM'd the Hubber asking him about the helmet obviously calling dibs on the product.As we were discussing the product he had sold the helmet after I sent an sms and a PM and posting on the for sale ad that I want the product now why all of a sudden are there complete A@#H%#@! on the Hub it seems they don't understand the word dibs

http://www.thehubsa....sper-plus-team/

This is the link to this seller's product you guys can give me an opinion if I am wrong or wright but you just don't operate this way.After this k@k move I don't really want to purchase from the hub anymore it is just not the way it use to be...

MOney talks, BS.... errm dibs walks.

If you did not pay for the item, or came to an agreement with the seller that the item will be reserved for you, I cannot see why he should hold on to the item while you are shouting "dibs! dibs!" from the sideline.

Shotgun :blush::blush:

Well this is better than "dibs" you have a PM with my banking details before somebody else comes with the cash.

I have had dealings with Gordon, both in store and via the telephone, and found his serviec fantastic, also was very friendly and geniune. I also remember a sale a while back on the hub, where he offered to mail a pair of Mavics to a client, if he did not like them the oke could send them back for a full refund. AEBRO, life's tough, stop whinging on a public forum and perhaps a spot of HTFU...

Let see what you guys think of this I was a potential buyer for a helmet that went up for sale Catlike whisper helmet. I PM'd the Hubber asking him about the helmet obviously calling dibs on the product.As we were discussing the product he had sold the helmet after I sent an sms and a PM and posting on the for sale ad that I want the product now why all of a sudden are there complete A@#H%#@! on the Hub it seems they don't understand the word dibs

https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/10567-catlike-whisper-plus-team/

This is the link to this seller's product you guys can give me an opinion if I am wrong or wright but you just don't operate this way.After this k@k move I don't really want to purchase from the hub anymore it is just not the way it use to be...

Listen pal, it is quite easy to shoot someone down somewhere from your shelter in anonymity. Post your real name like Gordon did. Further, I deal with this type of thing all the time. Money talks bull***t walks. If the money was already in the bank and you then lost the sale, well then you have something to gripe about - if of course, your money was in before the other person's.

I don't even trust a "I'll definitely take it." The only definite is money.

It is real easy and real simple, say you will take the item and then negotiate the terms. Dibs is not a term or condition.

I have held stuff for guys that called dibs while others were willing to pay cash there and then but then I never heard back from Mr dibs! It can potentially screw up or definitely delay your sale.

Other times I held stuff for a month but it came through in the end because it was negotiated clearly and I new the hubber was good for his word.

I've lost so many sales from ppl calling "dibs" and then disappearing that I really battle to have too much sympathy... I do understand your view though and your being upset, but think that starting this thread is a little bit hectic for the situation.

Cash is king. Having also sold stuff on the Hub, I prefer to leave "dibs" on the playground and the first guy to stump up the cash gets the deal. There are so many guys who fartarse around over the deal, I prefer to give it to the guy who just pays...

Edited by jmaccelari

Dibs seems to simply indicate a potential buyer's wish to be afforded "first refusal"

All this could probably have been avoided if the seller dropped the potential buyer a note to say. "I found a firm buyer. You have 10 minutes to deposit the cash or I will sell" OR

Alternatively the seller could respond to a "dibs" with ..."sorry this is first pay first served only"

Many of our responses (mine included) remind one of playground banter. No wonder we allow "dibs". It is part of what makes thehub colourful.

BTW "dibs" is many a time an indicator to some of us that it is a good buy/value for money.

https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/10567-catlike-whisper-plus-team/

Aebro I think you are really unreasonable in posting this on the hub. You cant go and thrash a guys name without really looking into all of this first. While you were still wasting time in typing dibs I already transferred the cash as it was the bargain of the week.

I agree with the fact that I lost to many deals where guys promise the world and deliver absolutely nothing. Money talks and dibs walks.

Your statement is really uncalled for and unfair , but don't worry I will let you know how the helmet fits and maybe send you a picture of me wearing it

Aebro I think you are really unreasonable in posting this on the hub. You cant go and thrash a guys name without really looking into all of this first. While you were still wasting time in typing dibs I already transferred the cash as it was the bargain of the week.

I agree with the fact that I lost to many deals where guys promise the world and deliver absolutely nothing. Money talks and dibs walks.

Your statement is really uncalled for and unfair , but don't worry I will let you know how the helmet fits and maybe send you a picture of me wearing it

You wear used helmets, yeccccch!

You wear previously owned underpants as well?