Don't buy from this Hubber

MTB MAN

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1/2/3 -> from shouting dibs, there is nothing that prevents the shouter to just walk away from the deal, leaving the selling without a buyer because he did the "honourable" thing by playing a game of dibs

4 --> It there is intent, there should be the possibility of a counter suit of breach of contract (actually same as 1/2/3

5--> Goes both ways.... but there is nothing holding the wannabe purchaser accountable to the 'dibs'

PLEASE, use the seller and buyer rating system on the hub to its full potential and you will see how the community will regulate bad purchasers and sellers.

Hubbers lobbied for a long time for this system. Now its here and hardly anybody makes use of it. Just a bunch of sideline commentators who don't purchase much and cant appreciate the value of this tool of the hub.

i read it "slooooooowly" and it's the same when i read it quickly.

saying dibs means nothing as often the seller will have received a pm from another hubber before. the guuy may also have advertised elsewhere at an earlier stage and may have buyers who enquire before someone on the hub says "dibs". i don't recall the forum rules saying one may only advertise on the hub

Smiles, you do make a very important point here. The system does work well if the advert is exclusive to the hub. The ethos of the seller is called to test.

It is a rule on other forums for this reason.

Again it is the community approach above the business approach. I, for one, support the cyclist hub community approach ( the strange family that we are)

PLEASE, use the seller and buyer rating system on the hub to its full potential and you will see how the community will regulate bad purchasers and sellers.

Hubbers lobbied for a long time for this system. Now its here and hardly anybody makes use of it. Just a bunch of sideline commentators who don't purchase much and cant appreciate the value of this tool of the hub.

So. Let me get this straight. You expect a seller (regardless of whether the item is for sale on the hub or any other classified advertisement platform) to renege on a concrete, concluded deal, when he realises that someone else actually contacted him - not telephonically, rather contact by sms and/or PM, notification of which MAY NOT HAVE BEEN RECEIVED BY THE SELLER - before he talked to the guy he sold the goods to?

Seriously?

And as for nobody using the Hubs classifieds - you're clearly deluded on this subject. I myself sold my roadbike very easily, and know of countless others who have han no problem concluding deals on this platform. WITHOUT causing a fuss if somebody else got there first. And in my book, calling "dibs" on an internet forum, unless the OP responds, accepting said "dibs" does not count as "first"

Smiles, you do make a very important point here. The system does work well if the advert is exclusive to the hub. The ethos of the seller is called to test.

It is a rule on other forums for this reason.

Again it is the community approach above the business approach. I, for one, support the cyclist hub community approach ( the strange family that we are)

So you're promoting a system where the rules dictate that if one is selling an item on the hub, the hub is determined to be the sole holder of said item for sale, and said item cannot be advertised elsewhere?

And insofar as the hub community system goes, did not another hubber, who made use of the listed cellphone number and CALLED the seller, buy the item concerned?

Edited by cptmayhem

So you're promoting a system where the rules dictate that if one is selling an item on the hub, the hub is determined to be the sole holder of said item for sale, and said item cannot be advertised elsewhere?

And insofar as the hub community system goes, did not another hubber, who made use of the listed cellphone number and CALLED the seller, buy the item concerned?

Yes, I am. Why shouldn't that be the case?

I've looked on the link to the ad from the OP and I dont see the number. Also looked on the personal details page. Please show the listed number. :unsure:

Look here, let me tell you guys exactly how it is:

1. Firstly, it doesn't matter who you think you are, or how far YOU think your good name or reputation should take you in life, it still doesn't stop you from making a mistake or being a real ****. If you are the seller and someone called dibs and you are fully aware of it and then you sell it to someone else, then at least have the decency to say "sorry bud, i needed the cash and I sold it to someone else, better luck next time".

2. Secondly, If you are the seller and someone else is really upset because for whatever they imagined they had "dibs", and then calls you out on it, then again, you say sorry and move on. If your reputation was really worth something you'd again say, "sorry bud, maybe next time" - You don't go and throw around your blah blah blah credentials.

3. Thirdly, If you are a buyer on internet website, and you lose out on a second hand item, then you just get over it. It wasn't yours to start off with, and you didn't have any right to it in the first place. Some people are just not the same as you, money and the anonymity of internet has a funny way of bringing out the worst in all of us. You can see by the way the seller is reacting to your rant he wasn't all vanilla and innocent in this regard.

4. Lastly, for all the people taking sides in this matter, it's clear that most of you act and go on like typical radio presenters, like a morning drive time radio show, because very few of you can be objective in any way, I bet on any day you could all have gone either way on this thread.... but because your leaning 1% to one side you GO ALL OUT and ANNOUNCE your verdict with the utmost resolve, some poepols even get all worked up and use CAPS and BAD language - wow, what a MAN you are.

Look here, let me tell you guys exactly how it is:

1. Firstly, it doesn't matter who you think you are, or how far YOU think your good name or reputation should take you in life, it still doesn't stop you from making a mistake or being a real ****. If you are the seller and someone called dibs and you are fully aware of it and then you sell it to someone else, then at least have the decency to say "sorry bud, i needed the cash and I sold it to someone else, better luck next time".

2. Secondly, If you are the seller and someone else is really upset because for whatever they imagined they had "dibs", and then calls you out on it, then again, you say sorry and move on. If your reputation was really worth something you'd again say, "sorry bud, maybe next time" - You don't go and throw around your blah blah blah credentials.

3. Thirdly, If you are a buyer on internet website, and you lose out on a second hand item, then you just get over it. It wasn't yours to start off with, and you didn't have any right to it in the first place. Some people are just not the same as you, money and the anonymity of internet has a funny way of bringing out the worst in all of us. You can see by the way the seller is reacting to your rant he wasn't all vanilla and innocent in this regard.

4. Lastly, for all the people taking sides in this matter, it's clear that most of you act and go on like typical radio presenters, like a morning drive time radio show, because very few of you can be objective in any way, I bet on any day you could all have gone either way on this thread.... but because your leaning 1% to one side you GO ALL OUT and ANNOUNCE your verdict with the utmost resolve, some poepols even get all worked up and use CAPS and BAD language - wow, what a MAN you are.

You left out one more group, the guys that dont give a hoot, but like to get on the action with a joke or two! ;)

And as for nobody using the Hubs classifieds - you're clearly deluded on this subject.

Show me where you read this?

Edited by HeartCoppi

^ just when I thought we might just be doing some constructive solution building in our own strange way :P

Hub = constructive - you are kidding, right? :lol:

Coppi - clue yourself up first. Contact details are removed from an advertisement when said advertisement is closed. This is to prevent further messages and phonecalls on the item itself.

Have a look at his other items, and you shall see his details, in all their glory.

I'll even give you a hyper-link to make it THAT much easier for you.

My link

Hub = constructive - you are kidding, right? :lol:

Hey, I really believe the hub should be a great place to buy and sell.

I really wish that for a great forum that I enjoy. :thumbup:

We should work towards that.

If you want to engage in all kinds of dealings go sell elsewhere.

You left out one more group, the guys that dont give a hoot, but like to get on the action with a joke or two! ;)

Hey Chubba!

I was in the process of pondering and typing my post - didn't see you dibs pics until I posted...

:clap: 10/10 for those pics....

Next time I have dinner at the strip club I'm going to call dibs on the fat chick and if anyone "beats" me to her then they better be having some good credentials and reputations or else it's on like donkey kong.