Don't buy from this Hubber

MTB MAN

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your statement is really uncalled for and unfair , but don't worry I will let you know how the helmet fits and maybe send you a picture of me wearing it

clap.gif

It comes down to communication in my opinion.

Sour grapes

Aebro .. . While you were still wasting time in typing dibs I already transferred the cash .

Money talks and dibs walks.

Your statement is really uncalled for and unfair

This is clearly a false statement.

If the deal was near completion before aebro had made contact then there should have been no reason that aebro should have been remotely mislead or given any impression other than that the sael was already concluded.

first come first serve, you cant wait for a potential buyer if someone brings you the cash

AGREED!! First to show da moola, gets the good(s). :thumbup:

Nothing is sold until cash hits my account, If somebody wants first option, roll a few R100 notes around your dibs or "I'll take its"

Your statement is really uncalled for and unfair , but don't worry I will let you know how the helmet fits and maybe send you a picture of me wearing it

:clap: :lol: I love it. Man that's funny.....bad...but funny

I think AEBRO's threat not buying from the hub in the future was prophetic.

If I dibs, I've made an open commitment to purchase the article.

I have put thought and action into posting that word.

Personally I type "dibs" and send PM's or call to confirm my first option.

I will not say that I will buy it. I'll say that I want to have first option. i.e. I'll buy it subject to conditions. Whatever those conditions may be: like postage, packaging, form of payment, etc.

I assume to get first option.

If I don't respond with due performance the buyer rating system should be utilised to its full potential.

Others can ask for 2nd dibs and third.

There is an obligation for the seller to respect this call. Again the seller rating system should be used to its full potential.

I do not assume that somebody has sent a pm before me without calling dibs on the forum

If you want to deal on a first come first serve basis ... do so in the junkmails or gumtree.

Then do not sell here. This forum is not really free market economy but I believe that there was a vision to create a more personal space for cyclists and lovers of all things cycling.

I feel very strongly that community selling should be different and open.

My experience on other forums is excellent in this regard.

There is nothing playschool about the word dibs ! Its a great etiquette and it works very well and especially if it is community regulated.

I believe aebro was under a strong impression that he was in process of transaction.

Hence this thread.

Any shortcoming in performance should have been highlighted by the seller, so that aebro could respond.

This should all be clearly spelled out on the sale thread, as simple communication.

Seller fail: irrespective of how credible you think your response or credentials may be on this thread.

Okay, Now you know what we think.

Is there really a reason for this to carry on?

Page 3? any takers? <_<

Page 3? any takers? <_<

Ill do it -

You are just pissed off cause you missed out on a really, really, really good deal. You'll get over it!

I personally vouch for Gordon here. Stand up guy. Known him for 15 plus years...

DIBS does not count as "I will take it. Please send me confirmation of banking details"

What if he had sold it elsewhere? Do you piss on the guy who advertises a car in Junkmail, only to sell it whilst you had said only "dibs"?

Had you received confirmation that he received your PM's or SMS's requesting details on delivery?

A sale is a sale, as soon as intent to buy has been voiced, and the seller ACCEPTS your intent to buy as tacit agreement to his terms. If he doesn't receive / become notified of your intent to buy (concrete intent, not "dibs") then there is no basis for this argument.

Edited by cptmayhem

HEY, the hooligans have arrived. Chubba owning page three, closely followed by Mayhem who has recently racked up an 18 page thread.. :clap:

If he doesn't receive / become notified of your intent to buy (concrete intent, not "dibs") then there is no basis for this argument.

Read this slooooooooowly.

(1)

Is the seller not "notified"/"receives notice" of the intent if the potential buyer indicates so on the sellers sale thread by typing dibs?

(2)

This was 5 minutes after the seller created the sale thread.

(3)

What the hell is "concrete intent"? Degrees of intent relevant here?

(4)

How is "dibs" not reflective of "intent"?

(5)

People can stand up where they like. But to err is human.

Edited by HeartCoppi

(1)

Is the seller not "notified"/"receives notice" of the intent if the potential buyer indicates so on the sellers sale thread by typing dibs?

(2)

(3)

(4)

(5)

Dude. Seriously. Think about it - if Gordon had never received notification, or not seen notification of the PM or SMS, how could he have known of the OPer's intent to buy the goods? Concrete intent - something more than the school-yard bound "dibs". If he had not seen the SMS, or PM notification, and somebody phoned him - USING THE SHOWN CELLPHONE NUMBER - how is selling the item to the guy that PHONED him, wrong?

Phone him in the first place, FFS. Rule out any potential loss of translation.

And what the hell is the relevance of your 1st sentence & point nr 5? Some sort of self-important, condescending bullsh1t that you put there to try and imply that you are worthier than the rest of humanity?

Edited by cptmayhem

Guest agteros

(1)

(2)

(3)

(4)

(5)

1/2/3 -> from shouting dibs, there is nothing that prevents the shouter to just walk away from the deal, leaving the selling without a buyer because he did the "honourable" thing by playing a game of dibs

4 --> It there is intent, there should be the possibility of a counter suit of breach of contract (actually same as 1/2/3

5--> Goes both ways.... but there is nothing holding the wannabe purchaser accountable to the 'dibs'

I want, I want, I want is not the same as here is the money!

don't let me start on people responding to an add by asking the seller to contact them. If you want something, you do whatever it needed to buy the item. Like, stating you are contacting the seller (PM/Email/Cell, whatever was published, and then push the sale from your side... Do not wait for the seller to do all the work....

Actually it all reminds me of women playing hard to get ...

Get over yourself chap.

Gordon chose to sell on the hub.

Gordon chose to start his sale using a hub thread as a sale medium.

Gordon should continue to use the thread to complete the transaction.

It is unfair to post up and then take all dealings out of sight. That is fundamentally wrong.

If that's how he would like to operate then do so on junkmail or gumtree where that is a norm.

There are no comment options on gumtree sales. Not so???

So why are there coment options on hub sale threads????

But, I've already stated this in a previous post.

I've conducted many purchases and sales on many forums; 'dibs' is acceptable format. Dibs is concrete.

Here on the hub, I have thrown dibs and it has been honored each time. There are plenty of good ethical transactions on the hub based on dibs. testimony that dibs IS concrete.

How do you regulate higher private price offerings and sales on other mediums.

(1)

(2)

(3)

(4)

(5)

i read it "slooooooowly" and it's the same when i read it quickly.

saying dibs means nothing as often the seller will have received a pm from another hubber before. the guuy may also have advertised elsewhere at an earlier stage and may have buyers who enquire before someone on the hub says "dibs". i don't recall the forum rules saying one may only advertise on the hub