How much should you spin to get super fit?

tunariaan

You cannot know fear or adrenaline until you have tried to ride away from an Abba medley on a stationary bicycle.

ROFLMAO! :lol: :clap:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The answer to your question is relative to what you want to achieve - the term fitness does really not exist! It actually refers to your ability to convert cognative dissonance into cognative association as your brain is the ultimate regulator that anticipates the variables your body should negotiate in an activity. If your goal is to do a Tour de France you will definitely condition your body and brain differently from when you want to do the Cape Argus. In order to ensure proper conditioning one should define the variables pertaining to your goal and condition yourself regarding that - bearing in mind that these variables each has its own tempo for development. ie strength can be improved with 60% within 3 weeks when done properly, etc. But that is what differentiate coaches from one another ...

post-615-0-50970900-1315308923.gif

The answer to your question is relative to what you want to achieve - the term fitness does really not exist! It actually refers to your ability to convert cognative dissonance into cognative association as your brain is the ultimate regulator that anticipates the variables your body should negotiate in an activity. If your goal is to do a Tour de France you will definitely condition your body and brain differently from when you want to do the Cape Argus. In order to ensure proper conditioning one should define the variables pertaining to your goal and condition yourself regarding that - bearing in mind that these variables each has its own tempo for development. ie strength can be improved with 60% within 3 weeks when done properly, etc. But that is what differentiate coaches from one another ...

We normally post in English with the odd bit of Afrikaans thrown in now and then....

...ie strength can be improved with 60% within 3 weeks when done properly, etc. But that is what differentiate coaches from one another ...

It seemed to all fall apart from a grammatical perspective there at the end.

Cognative dissonace is the discomfort you feel from holding conflicting ideas simultaneously, please explain how this is relevent.

In your quest to achieve maximum adaptation and optimize your progression for a more sustained athletic performance,cycling by means of a stationary mechanical device would certainly provide benefits.

Nee demmit. Gaan spin ,dit sal werk .Soek n klas met n lekker instrukteur. Geniet.

Cognative dissonace is the discomfort you feel from holding conflicting ideas simultaneously, please explain how this is relevent.

guys, it's cognitive with an i, and yes, bugger all to do with spinning classes, unless you are spinning in a psychology lecture.

guys, it's cognitive with an i, and yes, bugger all to do with spinning classes, unless you are spinning in a psychology lecture.

I reckon my head would spin if I had to sit through a psychology lecture...

Hilarious!

Will the gentleman with the favourable disposition towards life , kindly refrain from making disparaging remarks towards musicians from the sixth and seventh decade of the previous millenium .

Afraid this thread has lost it.And Luke I'm 53 not 75. :)

Edited by Blokman

Right ouens laat ek maar eerder in afr tik voor dit verkeerd uitkom

Hardloop en veral trail running is my nr een prioriteit

Ek is weg in wes afika vir werk en is tans op n boot; so my normale hardloop roetine gaan oor op n treadmill

by die huis ry ek so 3x n week; se 2 korter afstande en dan n lekker klim soos Monagu pass

Ek hardloop so gemaklik 18:30 op die 5km en n sub 90min op die 21km

Ek wil basies dit oordra na bikery sodat as ek terug in sa is ek fiks op die bike kan wees

die maar shitty spinning bikes hier en ek ry op my eie

deur die week sal ek weight training doen, ek verkies natural oefening soos , shuttle kicks, boks, push up en lunges

dan saam met dit sal ek so 30 na 60km hadloop oefening average

wat ek nou kort is die spinning, se ek doen dit 4 x n week, watse tempo stel julle voor

Gister het ek gesien my heart rate gaan so na 154 toe wat relatief laag is in vergelyking met my hardloop spoedwerk; ek avg bv op n 5km hier rondom 160 na 165 en op n halfnarathon was my laaste avg 172

my resting heart rate op die oomblil is 42

Dankie vir die raad

In trying to entice a response, a simple seductive interlude of disconnected concepts devoid of relevance!

There you go, I can do it too. :clap:

in attempting to provide a solution to the pre-eminent problem faced by the individual in question, the provider has instead submitted a conglomeration of mupheme which has in the inimitable fashion of drivvel and ninkimpoopery managed to further confuse the matter at hand, forcing the issue to be tabled within the confines of absolutely authoritarian mediatory environments.