Moving to Roadbike from Mtb???????

Rob K

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am looking at buying a road bike too - to replace ny hardtail 26" - I have an Elsworth 29er

If you had to have an XL (21") MTB, what size would you look at for a Road Bike?

Also I spoke to someone who suggested a full carbon bike for strength (when he saw my size - 100Kg +) - should I check all components for weight capacity? I know roadies are more paranoid about weight as robustness is not such a big factor, so what is the level of components to use?

I will probably just do 94.7 etc on the bike, and early morning training - tied of riding on the tar with the knobblies

Road is shaxxier.

MTB is dustier.

In the end, whatever bakes your noodle, go for it.

Respect to both...

:lol:

Welcome Rob. Beaut of a 'stache you have there.. Do you ride a Harley? I reckon if you trim it you could save 8 seconds on the 94.7. Don't want to be like Laurent Fignon do you?

I think you need three more question marks in the topic. That will get you up to an even ten, and properly convey that the sentence is a question even though the structure does not.

There is nothing like riding a road bike fast! The right tool for the job makes a big difference :thumbup:

Yes, especially with deep section wheels and a tailwind on a fast route :clap:

There is nothing like riding a road bike fast! The right tool for the job makes a big difference :thumbup:

+1.

Mtb's have their place, and I have both types of bike, but if I had to choose one today ~ bye bye mtb.

Edited by Falco

Although I love MTBing, I love road riding more. You can not do the distance and speed on a MTB that you can do on a road bike. Road bike is to race, MTB is to play.

I ride a Cervelo S1 & a Scott Scale.

I love both.

Is that possible - do I have a split personality?

No. You are bi

Yes, especially with deep section wheels and a tailwind on a fast route :clap:

+1 on the wheels but ...... you either have a headwind or YOU'RE HAVING A GOOD DAY ;)