2011 LMCS MTB Relay Race

scotty

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How many riders normally ride this event? I want to find out how early we must be there,and track-wise: I see it's 7km loops, but enough space for riders to overtake (me)? ;)

Edited by Fester

If rumour has it track is slightly different from last year and a floating bridge section will be incorporated on the dam!!!

Floating bridge sounds cool but will it last 6hrs of lots of riders :unsure:

I don't recall passing being an issue last year!

All riders are in for a real treat this year. Lots of new twisty singletrack, wood bridges, banks, handbuild wood pumptrack section, floating bridge, etc. The first open road section has been removed. There will be plenty space to overtake, but it will be tough in the twisty singletrack portion (and impossible on the floating bride, but the bridge isn't that long). The bridge should last, way more people goes over one with the sani2C.

We are building the bridge this afternoon (tonight? :blink: ) It is more pricy, complicated and a mission than you might think. I take my hat off to Farmer Glen.

See you all there! I will be the guy with the wrist brace who will be sulking because he can't ride.

Really enjoyable and quite a good turnout, plenty of food and drink and entertainment for the kiddies. For the route the orgs had a bit of everything, fast section, climbs, loose sand, rocky sections, tunnels, bridges, ramps. The 2 sections i particulary enjoyed was the drop off and the floating bridge.

Rear derailer packed up on my 3rd lap so i was restricted to using the front. Back next year for sure. :thumbup:

We are building the bridge this afternoon (tonight? :blink: ) It is more pricy, complicated and a mission than you might think. I take my hat off to Farmer Glen.

read an article about the umkomaas floating bridge in engineering news - that one was quite a mission; it's designed to slide off one side when water levels rise.

It was a nice day out. Started off a bit cold but the weather turned out great.wind helped to get rid of the dust. I managed 7 laps solo, after a mechanical on lap 3 (broken chain).thanks to the guy who stopped and helped me put the powerlink in. Didn't bother to go out again with 45 mins to go. I was tired.

Managed to beat my husband though, with 7 laps. He planted himself in a tree section on lap 1 and ended up with a fractured scapula :( he put on a brave face though and insisted that I finish my race. He is very grateful to the guy with the hand brace who helped him get back to the finish (was that you, knobby mech?) :thumbup:

Edited by Fester

He is very grateful to the guy with the hand brace who helped him get back to the finish (was that you, knobby mech?) :thumbup:

Yep that was him!!! Race director for the day..

What an absolute little gem of a race! :thumbup: x 100

The track was difficult enough to test you here and there and short enough to keep you interested.

I loved the tv's they set up for the rugby! what an awesome touch :thumbup:

This one is definitely on my 2012 "must do" list.

Was great. I loved it. Well organised and a lot of marshals. Must be the best event I have been to this year.

Was great. I loved it. Well organised and a lot of marshals. Must be the best event I have been to this year.

... there's rumours of you not being too slow on the laps??? congrats :D

My second time at this event and I thought it was great last year, well they upped their game this year. I can concur what an absolutely awesome event :clap: !

Will the results be out sometime?

Edited by BigBen