Is this you

Stretch

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My whole point for sharing his story was to highlight how people perceive us. regardless of whether other prats talk on their phones, skip lights or generally act like....prats - the fact remains, if a cyclist does anything illegal on the road - they will get scalded and pointed out - it is a fact. So, instead of getting your tail up and getting offensive (see comments in his article), be aware of the repercussions and take a chill at the light.

I used to check right, left and right again, and if it was safe slip through the light - for the exact reason as i said above, I now take a little rest at the light and wait

Edited by Stretch

That would make media photographers' work impossible. Do you stop and ask a striker to ask for consent. A fan at a footie match?

There are certain personal privacy protections under the current media law - but most apply to the identity criminals and victims. Where this picture pushes the envelope is that it is used with a story alleging that he commited a crime.

Exactly my aim (you aside of course!!!). You know my thoughts on the media.

I just find it strange that anyone and their aunty is allowed to follow me around with a camera and snap photos of me, legally.

Exactly my aim (you aside of course!!!). You know my thoughts on the media.

I just find it strange that anyone and their aunty is allowed to follow me around with a camera and snap photos of me, legally.

Of course, you can demand to know who they work for, and get hold of the photog's editor and demand that you don't want it used. We've deal with these on a case-by-case basis.

I wish people were this proactive wrt to ALL road violators...including Seth!

Dude, If you live in a glass house you can throw stones at people passing, just pray they do not throw back when they see you shower or use the toilet. The little shythead just crapped on his sponsors jersey and everyone now has a negtive vibe of them.

Of course, you can demand to know who they work for, and get hold of the photog's editor and demand that you don't want it used. We've deal with these on a case-by-case basis.

and if its really dodgy you get a blurry face......or....... a blurry other parts

I used to check right, left and right again, and if it was safe slip through the light - for the exact reason as i said above, I now take a little rest at the light and wait

I stil do this....find it the safest at some lights when its red for everyone....then I can not be taken out by someone turning left etc while they are busy on their phone.

Edited by Niner

Thats an assaboutface solution to the problem. 9 times out of 10 a photojournalist will use a zoom lens and I will be none the wiser about the photo until it appears in the newspaper.

Permission should be asked for not assumed.

We all go through red light lights all the time. You stop, check that there are no cars, and if its safe you go, FFS. What's the big deal?

Edited by Harryn

Thats an assaboutface solution to the problem. 9 times out of 10 a photojournalist will use a zoom lens and I will be none the wiser about the photo until it appears in the newspaper.

Permission should be asked for not assumed.

What is that you're up to that they're following you around with a zoom? <_<

If you were commiting something wrong, a publication with integrity (yes, laugh away) would endeavour to approach you for comment for publication.

If it was a pic of you enjoying yourself in a public park, the photographer should try get your details for caption purposes.

We all go through red light lights all the time. You stop, check that there are no cars, and if its safe you go, FFS. What's the big deal?

That is what I asked......

It always horrifies me how cyclists jump red lights. If anything a cyclist should be more obedient to the rules of the road given our vulnerability. Sometimes it is safe to go through the robot but rules are rules and we must all obey the rules.