Whats your view on gay cyclists: By the pumpkin king?

JackThePumpkinKing

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As I have said before, I can't help the way I am, its been proven with science that we are born this way.

God made me this way, I embrace it

Just cause im gay now i can't be serious about being christian?

Question: "What does the Bible mean that we are not to judge others?"

Answer: This is an issue that has confused many people. On one hand, we are commanded by the Lord Jesus, “Do not judge, or you too will be judged” (Matthew 7:1). On the other hand, the Bible also exhorts us to beware of evildoers and false prophets and to avoid those who practice all kinds of evil. How are we to discern who these people are if we do not make some kind of judgment about them?

Christians are often accused of "judging" whenever they speak out against a sinful activity. However, that is not the meaning of the Scripture verses that state, "Do not judge." There is a righteous kind of judgment we are supposed to exercise—with careful discernment (John 7:24). When Jesus told us not to judge (Matthew 7:1), He was telling us not to judge hypocritically. Matthew 7:2-5 declares, "For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye." What Jesus was condemning here was hypocritical, self-righteous judgments of others.

In Matthew 7:2-5, Jesus warns against judging someone else for his sin when you yourself are sinning even worse. That is the kind of judging Jesus commanded us not to do. If a believer sees another believer sinning, it is his Christian duty to lovingly and respectfully confront the person with his sin (Matthew 18:15-17). This is not judging, but rather pointing out the truth in hope—and with the ultimate goal—of bringing repentance in the other person (James 5:20) and restoration to the fellowship. We are to speak the truth in love (Ephesians 4:15). We are to proclaim what God's Word says about sin. 2 Timothy 4:2 instructs us, "Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage — with great patience and careful instruction." We are to "judge" sin, but always with the goal of presenting the solution for sin and its consequences—the Lord Jesus Christ (John 14:6).

Recommended Resource: Hard Sayings of the Bible by Kaiser, Davids, & Brauch.

I agree with what you are saying. Judge the Act, not the Person.

How can you justify being a practicing homosexual and claim to be a believing, practicing Christian? The two are mutually exclusive…

By saying a person is NOT a Christian if he/she is gay, you are judging the person. My biggest gripe is that people tend to forgive the biggest commandments that are also written in Matthew:

Matthew 22:37-39

Jesus said to him, “ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’”

LOVE first... then you can start thinking about the mistakes we all make.

As I have said before, I can't help the way I am, its been proven with science that we are born this way.

OK, I am not taking sides, but why did he not then rather make Adam and Steve.

I don't think he made you that way, but I do believe he has enough love and compassion to accept you, the way your upbringing ,and your personal choice in life has made you.

Whether being gay is right or wrong I do not know. What I do know is that we are ALL sinners, but God loves us regardless. He does not need the approval of men to love any of His children.

Edited by katz201

Careful, hypocrite. You will get the science people in a tis. No such conclusive proof exists. Wanna pick a fight?

This is the only forum I've seen that would allow a thread like this to firstly exist, and then allow it to degenerate into a religious battle. Pretty shameless if you ask me. Basically it's boils down to poor moderating. I thought the 'Rant Rave' section was about cycling related issues. Matters of religious views, political view, sexual orientation etc are personal and while it's fun to carry on about this, there are many people who I'd bet are offended about this.

This is the only forum I've seen that would allow a thread like this to firstly exist, and then allow it to degenerate into a religious battle. Pretty shameless if you ask me. Basically it's boils down to poor moderating. I thought the 'Rant Rave' section was about cycling related issues. Matters of religious views, political view, sexual orientation etc are personal and while it's fun to carry on about this, there are many people who I'd bet are offended about this.

100%

I've said it before. This forum needs (not new - keep what we got) more moderators.

I forget how it was, remind me?

Um, you weren't shoving your penis down our throats?

Take your life, your choices, and live with them.

Ask your God to validate you.

Don't ask us.

WE. DON'T. CARE.

Edited by TNT1

Topic Closed.

We've let this run a little too long already.

JackThePumpkinKing, you seem to want to just stir trouble and have little interest in what brought all of us to The Hub - cycling. If the stirring continues your account and IP address will be banned permanently.