Show us your pets

tunariaan

Thanks Tumbleweed, now you have me in tears again but cheers for the posting.

Emily made it through the night and has eaten some special high calorie food so she is fighting. Today they will do various tests to see exactly what her problems are going to be.

Any assistance will be hugely appreciated.

Any time, mate!

Consider this a BUMP.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Emily's latest pic taken this morning, she is sitting up and looking much better, still some issues with maggots in her wounds and her general condition but looking at those eyes she has a will to live and I think she will make it.

post-268-0-10980400-1392024801_thumb.jpg

Emily's latest pic taken this morning, she is sitting up and looking much better, still some issues with maggots in her wounds and her general condition but looking at those eyes she has a will to live and I think she will make it.

That's great to hear.

Can you give us any idea as to how she ended up like this? neglect? abandoned?

She was a stray found wandering in Lenasia, a local guy there had been trying to feed her for a few days but then yesterday morning she collapsed and he phoned Husky Rescue and one of our people went and fetched her and rushed her to the vet. Unfortunately we don't know how she ended up in the streets but thank goodness the guy had the sense to phone us.

I'm glad she's looking better and she can hold her head up. Have sent some help and will send lots of prayers and love that she can heal up. No animal deserves this.

Thanks Uni, she has gone down a bit this afternoon and now needs a blood transfusion, fingers crossed that she has the strength to pull through.

Latest update, a bit of a setback but she has to pull through.

TEAM EMILY NEEDS TO STAND TOGETHER: Just heard from Joanne Van Niekerk that Emily has to have a blood transfusion - she is still very anaemic and her bloods not looking great. Lets keep this baby close to our hearts and as soon as i know anything i will let everyone know.

post-1604-0-80246800-1392094543_thumb.jpg

Just so you all know Joanne mentioned above is the lady that runs the Husky Haven where all the abandoned huskies are taken while looking for homes. Yesterday apart from looking after the 30+ other huskies at the Haven as well as the 8 living in her small cottage she made 3 trips to the vet to check on Emily and last night made her some special soft chicken and took it to her. Joanne is one of those angels that has dedicated her life to animal rescue and one amazing lady.

Joanne tells amazing stories of driving alone into townships to grab bait dogs from dog fighting rings and being threatened. She has broken into scrapyards to rescue dogs and even broke down a precast wall one day to rescue a dog that had been left on a property when the owners moved away.

Thanks for all the support again for Emily, I am going to visit her myself later this morning and will let you all know how she is doing.

Just so you all know Joanne mentioned above is the lady that runs the Husky Haven where all the abandoned huskies are taken while looking for homes. Yesterday apart from looking after the 30+ other huskies at the Haven as well as the 8 living in her small cottage she made 3 trips to the vet to check on Emily and last night made her some special soft chicken and took it to her. Joanne is one of those angels that has dedicated her life to animal rescue and one amazing lady.

Joanne tells amazing stories of driving alone into townships to grab bait dogs from dog fighting rings and being threatened. She has broken into scrapyards to rescue dogs and even broke down a precast wall one day to rescue a dog that had been left on a property when the owners moved away.

Thanks for all the support again for Emily, I am going to visit her myself later this morning and will let you all know how she is doing.

You are a good man, Ian. And Joanne sounds amazing. Big up to you all.

I'am so glad

Hope you don't mind Ian, but had to post this here

post-9649-0-46429600-1392117268_thumb.jpg

TEAM EMILY UPDATE: Look at this tender moment shared with Ian Jones! Emily is a little stronger today but you can see she is tired. She is still on the drips and the vet is testing for biliary daily. All the other tests are looking slightly better. She is eating very well and especially chicken which is her favourite. Keep praying for this fighter

Edited by Scale

:) .....and some people still don't believe in angels.....

And then there's the love of my life, other than mountain biking and my wife of course! Might not mean much to you guys and girls, but the bag is full of some of my clothes I put aside to be donated and Ed insisted on lying on it the whole day I was at the office. Love her to bits!

post-1575-0-74035400-1392203443_thumb.jpg

Two goof balls together

post-1575-0-21817400-1392203479_thumb.jpg

Ups and downs I am afraid, first this morning I received this pic of Emily where I am convinced she is smiling at us.

post-268-0-09643300-1392213976_thumb.jpg

Then shortly after I heard she has now tested positive for billary, it will be a close call as her system is so weak but the vets reckon she has a 50/50 chance so we are all praying and hoping for more miracles. She has proven to be a tough cookie so if I know Emily she will fight this fight and win.

Please send positive thoughts her way.