Show us your pets

tunariaan

Some may call it a miracle, I am not sure what to call it but today Emily surprised us all by walking around, she is making more and more progress every day. This is only 8 days from being found as good as dead next to the road.

Agg shame man

That's good news, keep the updates coming.

How is the fund raising going for Emily's treatment?

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agg shame man

That's good news, keep the updates coming.

How is the fund raising going for Emily's treatment?

Hi Swissvan, as far as I know so far it is covered but we now need to start rehab etc with Physiotherapy so further donations will always be welcome to help her out in the longer term. The support has been fantastic from all over, we just can't thank people enough.

Some may call it a miracle, I am not sure what to call it but today Emily surprised us all by walking around, she is making more and more progress every day. This is only 8 days from being found as good as dead next to the road.

Shame man! HUGE difference from last week!

Have taken this from IanJ's Fb page:

Emily is going to need lots of care and this is going to cost money. I have spoken to Siobhan and she asked that donations be made into the Husky Rescue Bank Account:

Standard Bank

Cape Gate Branch

Acc: 271474092

Branch Code: 023910

Please use the reference "Emily" and send proof of payment to Siobhan at zoola@mweb.co.za so that she can acknowledge payments.

Any amount will help but we really need to pull together to help this poor girl and make sure she gets the best care and stands a fighting chance of survival.

This is her story below:

Meet Emily who was picked up by Abi a few hours ago. She is currently at our vet fighting for her life. She had collapsed and was too weak to lift her head and in addition had maggots eating away at her flesh. Weighing in at a mere 8.5kgs this girl needs a miracle. Let's all send this precious baby lots of positive energy because as much as she needs a miracle so do we all at HRSA.

post-1604-0-84862300-1392009422_thumb.jpg

Hi Swissvan, as far as I know so far it is covered but we now need to start rehab etc with Physiotherapy so further donations will always be welcome to help her out in the longer term. The support has been fantastic from all over, we just can't thank people enough.

Are these the correct details for donations?

:w00t:

Standard Bank

Cape Gate Branch

Please use the reference "Emily" and send proof of payment to Siobhan at zoola@mweb.co.za so that she can acknowledge payments.

Are these the correct details for donations?

:w00t:

Standard Bank

Cape Gate Branch

Sorry I was out for a bit, yes those are correct thanks.

The physio saw her for the first time today and was shocked at how thin she is. She has gone from 8.2kg to 11.6kg in a week but is still as thin as can be. They say it will be a long road to a full recovery but we at Husky Rescue are determined to help her get well.

Just got this pic from the Durban family who adopted Spencer…

post-1604-0-56650500-1392795629_thumb.jpg

…apparently he's taken over their Lab's bed, so Lillyby has to make do with the bed they bought for the pup! :lol:

post-1604-0-38276000-1392795628_thumb.jpg

Just got this pic from the Durban family who adopted Spencer…

post-1604-0-56650500-1392795629_thumb.jpg

…apparently he's taken over their Lab's bed, so Lillyby has to make do with the bed they bought for the pup! :lol:

post-1604-0-38276000-1392795628_thumb.jpg

I hope it doesn't turn into a Labrador versus Golden Retriever thing - that can be more hairy than a 26er / 29er fight! ;)

Edited by DJR

I hope it doesn't turn into a Labrador versus Golden Retriever thing - that can be more hairy than a 26er / 29er fight! ;)

Hahahahahahaha! Apparently Lillyby loves Spencer to bits - seems to have brought out her maternal instincts!

Got home Friday after work to find this guy in my yard, at first i thought someone dumped him over the fence but then i saw how easy he walks between my palisade fence poles as he is skin and bone he could just as well have wandered onto my property. He must have belonged to someone as his tail is chopped, he was covered in ticks so after i first checked for mange i spent quite a while plucking them from him, he appeared extremely scared and kept hiding under my car when released. Kept him separate from my other dogs and my intention was to take him to SPCA on Saturday morning however looking at him next morning i just could not so off i went to the vet for a check up instead. Got some angry looks from the customers at the Vet when they saw his condition i walked in with him. Vet confirmed he has tick bite fever and gave him shots, after hearing my story also told me he'll meet the bill halfway regards costs and must return in 10 days for the rest of his vaccination's.

post-7-0-26634500-1392799408_thumb.jpg

post-7-0-65197600-1392799418_thumb.jpg

Got home Friday after work to find this guy in my yard, at first i thought someone dumped him over the fence but then i saw how easy he walks between my palisade fence poles as he is skin and bone he could just as well have wandered onto my property. He must have belonged to someone as his tail is chopped, he was covered in ticks so after i first checked for mange i spent quite a while plucking them from him, he appeared extremely scared and kept hiding under my car when released. Kept him separate from my other dogs and my intention was to take him to SPCA on Saturday morning however looking at him next morning i just could not so off i went to the vet for a check up instead. Got some angry looks from the customers at the Vet when they saw his condition i walked in with him. Vet confirmed he has tick bite fever and gave him shots, after hearing my story also told me he'll meet the bill halfway regards costs and must return in 10 days for the rest of his vaccination's.

Good for you, and good on the vet! :thumbup:

Here's sending the woof healing vibes!

Nice Scotty!