Show us your pets

tunariaan

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got home Friday after work to find this guy in my yard, at first i thought someone dumped him over the fence but then i saw how easy he walks between my palisade fence poles as he is skin and bone he could just as well have wandered onto my property. He must have belonged to someone as his tail is chopped, he was covered in ticks so after i first checked for mange i spent quite a while plucking them from him, he appeared extremely scared and kept hiding under my car when released. Kept him separate from my other dogs and my intention was to take him to SPCA on Saturday morning however looking at him next morning i just could not so off i went to the vet for a check up instead. Got some angry looks from the customers at the Vet when they saw his condition i walked in with him. Vet confirmed he has tick bite fever and gave him shots, after hearing my story also told me he'll meet the bill halfway regards costs and must return in 10 days for the rest of his vaccination's.

Nice one Scotty and well done, amazing how they get to you so quickly isn't it.

Keep us up to date with his progress and I hope he gets better soon.

Nice one Scotty and well done, amazing how they get to you so quickly isn't it.

Keep us up to date with his progress and I hope he gets better soon.

Thanks Ian will do, holding thumbs for Emily's recovery as well.

Abigail StrachanHusky Rescue - SA

Had to take my Misty to the vet now, so popped in for a visit with our dear Emily. What an amazing girl that is! They haven't checked her latest x-rays as yet, but the fluid build up in her hind legs is reducing and she is doing well. We should have more of a "medical" update later but I can tell you that she is bubbly, smiley and full of life. She's apparently walking very well for short distances, aided, still eating and drinking like a champ, her breathing (judging from what can be seen) has improved and she's doing well all things considered. ‪#‎TeamEmily‬ While Joanne and I were both juggling our dogs and dodging a not so friendly girl in the waiting area Emily looked at me as if to say "Um, are you gonna come here or do I have to go there?" Obviously she still has some serious issues, and needs loads of therapy and treatment, but she's an amazing little fighter our Emily. that angel! — with Ian Jones and 3 others.

Here's my brother's rottie Drake my my niece. Apparently she just loves him and laughs every time he gets close to her. He's also very protective of her and more often than not sleeps in her room.

post-12560-0-29607300-1392801524_thumb.jpg

Beautiful, I wish I could post a contrasting picture I saw this morning of the aftermath of a dogfight, I just cannot fathom sometimes how the human race can stoop so low to allow such things to happen. The picture is too shocking for general publication.

Beautiful, I wish I could post a contrasting picture I saw this morning of the aftermath of a dogfight, I just cannot fathom sometimes how the human race can stoop so low to allow such things to happen. The picture is too shocking for general publication.

I've grown up with rotties, my Dad used to train them for show. I don't like how people use them for dog fights, because they're really very loving. The last few rotties that we've had as a family were all rescues and when they first come to us, they're real bastards because how the people that had them before treated them, but within a couple of months they're the most chilled out dogs, you would never say it was the same dog, but it's just because they're treated with love.

That being said, I would love to get another rottie, but with my work schedule I just don't have the time to spend with them. I'll look for pics and post them later of my rottie that I had, Roxie.

This is how I feel after a hard ride on my bicycle..Not sure what her (a Border Collie rescue named Kesha) excuse is :blink:

Just airing her bits!