Kyalami Training

Ashchest

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I ride on Mondays and Thursdays, just because on Mondays I can do the clockwise and Thursdays anti-clocks but Yes I enjoy it, good training.

I will be there on Thursday with a friend and my son,

Friends and I generally do Thursdays. Last week there were some awefully helpful folks that taught me how to slipstream properly who I never got to thank properly - thanks guys! Well worth the effort - I think it should open at least half an hour earlier as it really isn't practical to cycle till 7.

managed to get out there on monday, also on MTB, thought was quite cool to work a bit harder.

only thing for me is kayalami from johannesburg is a loss unless you can get out the office by 15h30. i am going to give St Stithians a go today i am sure circling the school grounds is more or less the same distance than kayalami with a bit more climbing

managed to get out there on monday, also on MTB, thought was quite cool to work a bit harder.

only thing for me is kayalami from johannesburg is a loss unless you can get out the office by 15h30. i am going to give St Stithians a go today i am sure circling the school grounds is more or less the same distance than kayalami with a bit more climbing

yeah it is far, luckily i can get off work at 3:30 so it is worth it. i didnt know they rode at St Stithians, when how any info?

yeah it is far, luckily i can get off work at 3:30 so it is worth it. i didnt know they rode at St Stithians, when how any info?

Info please, it might be closer for me as well.

well, there is no group riding as such. i live closeby and just noticed many people go jogging and walking their dogs in the grounds so i went there a few times with my bike (MTB because there are some offroad patches) and had quite a bit of fun. never measured the distance going around all the way but done a few very nice early morning rides so will see how it works out but more practical travelling wise than kayalami

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know how to check the schedule? We drove all the way there yesterday to find they were closed. Rather annoying considering the hassle involved to pack in the bike and squeeze in some laps before dark. In future, we need to be able to check the day before if the track will be closed. Any suggestions? Is there an online noticeboard somewhere? Ideally I don't want to have to phone someone every time I want to ride. Maybe there is a twitter account or something?

Send an email to Reception@universalproperty.co.za and ask them to add you to the mailing list. They send out a weekly email stating when the track will be open for cycling.

Does anyone know how to check the schedule?

Just as IronMidge said - email reception@universalproperty.co.za and ask them to add you to the mailing list. They will email you on Monday mornings.

Thanks! Already doing this. Thanks for the info, did not expect to receive anything but this will be very helpful!

Does anyone know if Kyalami is open to cyclists today?

Send an email to Reception@universalproperty.co.za and ask them to add you to the mailing list. They send out a weekly email stating when the track will be open for cycling.