Kyalami Training

Ashchest

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got my first triathlon this sunday - just got my bike yesterday - haven't been on a bike in 10 years or more I need to get used to the cleats and all... Would have loved to go this afternoon but it's only Mon - Thurs F**K...

Where else can I go??? I'm desperate and because I'm not experienced would prefer to practice in a closed track...

I've borrowed a mates Tri bike - the saddle position seams quite high - is that right? Where can I go for a setup around Midrand - wanted to get on it yesterday but it seems fall-on-your-face-high :blush:

Any help and suggestions please!

• 2 months later...

Just got the notice - they are investigating opening the track to cyclists, walkers, runners and roller bladers on Sundays between 7 am and 10 am, for R20 per person. Whether it will be open would be dependent on feedback received. If you think you would use the track drop an email to pa@universalproperty.co.za and voice your support.

Edited by Azi

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, hey - this is a welcome addition to our training options:

2 May 2012

Dear Cyclists, Joggers, Walkers, Rollerbladers,

Re: Sunday Morning Cycling!

To those of you who took the trouble to reply to our email of 16th April 2012, a big thank you!

The response was in favour of Sunday morning cycling (and jogging, walking, etc) at the Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit.

We are pleased to inform you that as from this Sunday (6th May 2012) we will open the Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit for cycling, jogging, walking, and rollerblading

at R20 per person

provided there are no other motorsport events previously booked for Sundays!

The main Kyalami Gates will admit cyclists, joggers, walkers, rollerbladers, between the hours of 8am until 10:30am on Sundays

I think its wonderful. Important to note that users can use the track for three hours. The gate times posted above by Joe Low is the time cyclists etc are allowed to enter the complex, and from that time you will be allowed three hours on the track, so you can enter at 8 and cycle until 11, or enter at 10:30 and cycle until 13:30. Sounds good.

Edited by Azi

Good news, Kyalami is not quite Suikerbosrand but it's closer for me and at R20 for a safe riding environment its a bargain.

• 2 months later...

So where was everybody last night, not a single other rider there.

It was just me and the bunnies singing:

"lonely, I was so lonely, I had nobody, to chase round the track."

Still it was for free.

So where was everybody last night, not a single other rider there.

Ahhh, so the event they were holding was the Joe Low Solo Cycle Challenge.

"Good day cyclist, jogger, walker, rollerblader,

you are advised as follows:

Cycling today Tuesday 31st of JULY 2012 has been cancelled due to an event being held on the track untill late,

Thank you for your kind co-operation."

Ahhh, so the event they were holding was the Joe Low Solo Cycle Challenge.

"Good day cyclist, jogger, walker, rollerblader,

you are advised as follows:

Cycling today Tuesday 31st of JULY 2012 has been cancelled due to an event being held on the track untill late,

Thank you for your kind co-operation."

Ahh didnt get that one, and the track opened at 5:30 so got in 90mins. AND I won the event, but there was no-one there to applaud or hand over prizes.

Ahh didnt get that one, and the track opened at 5:30 so got in 90mins. AND I won the event, but there was no-one there to applaud or hand over prizes.

Very good training for TransBaviaans partner....... ;)

• 5 months later...

anyone know if they open yet - i dont have any emails from them stating operating days/times as yet so can only assume still closed...?