Kyalami Training

Ashchest

Thanks for that smart@rse bob.... I'm not exactly going to get a response today since the schedule goes out on Mondays..

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that smart@rse bob.... I'm not exactly going to get a response today since the schedule goes out on Mondays..

For future reference ;)

managed to get out there on monday, also on MTB, thought was quite cool to work a bit harder.

only thing for me is kayalami from johannesburg is a loss unless you can get out the office by 15h30. i am going to give St Stithians a go today i am sure circling the school grounds is more or less the same distance than kayalami with a bit more climbing

Went on Thurs for the 1st time in years & it was great. Left Kempton Park after 4 and no traffic hassles, same with Nancy Drew who came up the N3 from Linbro Park.

Planning to go again on Monday.

@Tjokkits - whats the arrangements at St Stithians?

• 3 weeks later...

Whats the deal at St. Stithians? Kyalami is closed Wed, Thur & Fri for this weekends race and I would love an alternative place to ride.

Whats the deal at St. Stithians? Kyalami is closed Wed, Thur & Fri for this weekends race and I would love an alternative place to ride.

I also would like to know as I live not far away. Would be nice for an early Sat or Sun ride when I have time contraints.

A friend of mine is a teacher there. She recons there shouldnt b a problem just going in and riding but she'll confirm with the school today and i can let u all know.

• 2 weeks later...

i just enter either at the hurlingham manor gate, or if thats closed (weekends) the front gate. go around the outer skirts on MTB (mostly offroad) its about a 4km lap with lots of climbing. to extent the lap exit at hurlingham manor gate ride up to woodlands, exit booms at woodlands and ride up republic until you get to the power station, turn right and enter booms at the top entrance to hurigham manor, down to the school an around school grounds again, think that makes it about a 8km loop.

Remembering that St Stithians is not open to all. We pay our school fees every month and so are entitled to ride there.

There is already talk of having to bring school ID cards to be allowed access to the property.

Should security be aware that you are not part of the St Stithians community you will be asked to leave the property.

St Stithians should make a mtb track, encourage students to start mtb and open it up to other mtb-ers (I would happily pay a monthly fee). Would add revenue to the school. Pity my old private school doesnt have as big a property.....

St Stithians should make a mtb track, encourage students to start mtb and open it up to other mtb-ers (I would happily pay a monthly fee). Would add revenue to the school. Pity my old private school doesnt have as big a property.....

There is an off-road track there. Apparently its quite fun and u can go in and use it anytime.

There is an off-road track there. Apparently its quite fun and u can go in and use it anytime.

Awesome! Thanks. May go Sunday morning. I take it I just go in on main road entrance and turn left on what looks like a track?

Awesome! Thanks. May go Sunday morning. I take it I just go in on main road entrance and turn left on what looks like a track?

Yip, I think so. Will try get there today or try it out next week sometime after work.