Giro d'Italia 2012

Tankman

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think anyone is going to come out with massive attacks on the climbs like Conti did on Mt Etna last year? All seems pretty tame and mild manned at the moment, but still highly enjoyable to watch.

Basso did well to lead most of the late climbing yesterday and still have some gas in the tank to try fend off Jocqui at the finish.

Points comp after stage 17

1 CAVENDISH Mark GBR SKY 110

2 RODRIGUEZ OLIVER Joaquin ESP KAT 109

3 HESJEDAL Ryder CAN GRM 72

4 POZZOVIVO Domenico ITA COG 63

5 AMADOR BIKKAZAKOVA Andrey CRC MOV 52

6 SCARPONI Michele ITA LAM 52

7 KRISTOFF Alexander NOR KAT 49

8 KEIZER Martijn NED VCD 48

9 TIRALONGO Paolo ITA AST 43

10 DE MARCHI Alessandro ITA AND 43

Cav better watch out for J Rod on the Points classification

If Cav wins points jersey he will have won the sprint classification in all 3 grand tours.

If Cav wins points jersey he will have won the sprint classification in all 3 grand tours.

was kind of wandering what he was doing there still, I thought he's trying to improve on his climbing :D

Cav' picking up the early sprint points today. Hope he stays the distance and gets the jersey.

I think Sky are going to have to delve into Paul Sherwin's 'Suitcase of Courage' to keep it all together for a bunch sprint as I can't see any other teams helping and the rest of the peloton wanting to poach a win from the Manx man.

Lars Bak (Lotto Belisol) has attacked to try and get to the leaders first

Think Wiggo (drink) has been kicking his heals while Cav and his mates are riding in the Giro... ;)

"“I DID 32,000 METRES OF CLIMBING AROUND TEIDE DURING A TWO-WEEK CAMP LAST MONTH AND, BY THE TIME WE FINISH THIS LATEST FORTNIGHT, I WILL HAVE DONE ANOTHER 32,000 METRES."

“FROM APRIL 1 THIS YEAR TO THE DAY I LINE UP FOR THE TOUR DE FRANCE PROLOGUE ON JUNE 30, I WILL HAVE DONE 100,000 METRES OF HIGH-QUALITY CLIMBING.”

Looks like he fancies a bit of banter in this years tour.

Via the Telegraph.co.uk