Giro d'Italia 2012

Tankman

I see John Gadret is in as well for AG2R, he had a good finish last year been promoted up to third after 'berto's issues.

If he is in good form again he could be a serious contender as well.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a bit of a personnel management challenge for LeakyGas.

No one else is a contender for the GC at TdF, but Nibs.

So, holding thumbs, let's see what 2010 Giro winner Basso can muster.

I dont hold out much hope, he is about 3 minutes off the pace at the tour de Romandie and honestly, he should be in the top 10 if he hopes to be anything but another bum on a seat at the Giro.

On the plus side Sylvester Szmyd is looking much better than Basso, maybe he can do something if he rides - haven't seen a start list from LG yet.

Yeah, I agree, it looks like it. I think Nibs would have done better to take a Giro win or certainly a podium, over a "possible" (and in my opinion a pretty uncertain) podium at the TDF.

Nibs i think over the last 2 months have been in the form of he's life!!Hopefully it is just a sign of things to come.

Is Kreuzinger riding?looks like he had a good TT in Romandie so he might be strong.

Nibs i think over the last 2 months have been in the form of he's life!!Hopefully it is just a sign of things to come.

Is Kreuzinger riding?looks like he had a good TT in Romandie so he might be strong.

Dont know, Astana has not posted their team as far as I have seen, but indeed, he could also be a threat, a great talent indeed.

Would be nice to see Kreuziger and Geraint Tomas do well. I see Cav has been designated the Sky 'leader' - hope his team car is more reliable this year and he doesn't have to help push it up the hills :P

Would be nice to see Kreuziger and Geraint Tomas do well. I see Cav has been designated the Sky 'leader' - hope his team car is more reliable this year and he doesn't have to help push it up the hills :P

With Team Sky having Cav as team leader only means that they don't have someone up to GC challenge. Cav will withdraw long before major climbs. Basso must be a favourite.

With the type climbs in the Giro, it would be difficult for any one rider to do the Giro and Tour double without using some unnatural substance!

:lol: - Yeah,.......... but I think he will disappear long before the serious big mountains, probably under the premise of " to concentrate on some other goal" - with the depth of the Sky squad I am disappointed in their team, to me its decidedly "B" rating.

What made them choose Cav as captain as he does not stand a chance on the GC ladder?

:blink:

Basso quite confident about the Giro.

Hope it brings results.

He is said to have climbed over 66,000 metres during his 17 days on the island. “Yes, it’s true, and the block of work of Teide-Trentino-Romandie should bear fruit,” Basso said.

A few days to go before the opening stage:

Who's gonna wear pink after the opening 8.7 km Individual Time Trial in Denmark?

http://cdn.media.cyclingnews.com/2012/04/27/1/t01_herning_alt_sopr_2_600.jpg

Interesting comment:

Bergonzi says: No stage race has ever featured a stage so far north. Denmark has a great cycling story, and obviously Copenhagen hosted the World Championships last year. There will be huge crowds, but no mountains. It’s difficult to locate a mountain in Denmark…

Well I see the teams for the giro are up and finalized.

I will nail my colours to the wall now and below are my choices -

GC (Top Step) Scarponi (first choice) Kreuziger (Second Choice)

Remaining Podium positions and stages - John Gadret and Joaquin Rodriguez.

Top 10 positions and some exciting stages - Jose Rujano, Romain Feillu, Frank Schleck, Pavell Brutt, Emaneule Sella, Rigoberto Uran and Sylvester Szmyd (after Basso collapses and he is allowed to ride his own race)

Lets hear yours.!!

podium

Basso

Kreuziger

Scarponi

Order, I am not saying... :blush:

GO, BASSO, You've owned this jersey twice before!