Giro d'Italia 2012

Tankman

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sky sends in a formidable team with Cav at the helm.

......Who is in the team Puncheur.? I cant seem to find any info.?

.........although I did see this......

Although provisionally set to ride the Tour de France in 2012, Vincenzo Nibali (Liquigas-Cannondale) has admitted that he is tempted to line up at the Giro d’Italia as the route suits him better than it did last season.

Here, GOG

Bernhard Eisel, Juan Antonio Flecha, Ian Stannard, Ben Swift, Geraint Thomas, Sergio Henao, Rigoberto Urán and Peter Kennaugh, Cav

Here, GOG

Bernhard Eisel, Juan Antonio Flecha, Ian Stannard, Ben Swift, Geraint Thomas, Sergio Henao, Rigoberto Urán and Peter Kennaugh, Cav

Okay, not a strong team for the GC I would say, looks like they are aiming at stage wins.

I would say Rigoberto is the only one able to compete on the GC front, and I would say he is going to be real lonely in the mountains.

Okay, not a strong team for the GC I would say, looks like they are aiming at stage wins.

I would say Rigoberto is the only one able to compete on the GC front, and I would say he is going to be real lonely in the mountains.

Froome, nr1 servant to Wiggo, also reserved for TdF.

If Frank is drafted into the Giro RNT will be fairly strong for the GC in my opinion, Kloden and Frankie could be quite formidable, but I'll still put my money on Nibs if he rides, or Scarponi if he doesn't.

Just saw the news about Jacob Fuglsang

RadioShack-Nissan are having a terrible season so far

Cant say I feel terribly sorry for them, I dislike Bruyneel intensely and I believe "what go's around comes around" - in my opinion he has a lot to answer for, when LA was winning everyone genuflected in the presence of Bruyneel, but its easy to rule in the land of soft drinks with "Coke" in your stable, ruling with "Stoney Ginger Beer" takes something else though - and in my opinion he doesn't have it.

STIEK UIT JOU BANG DING!

Reminds of Alpe d Huez. BTW when are they going back there ? I don't see it on this years TdF route.

AdH is all of 15km with 18 switchbacks, the Passo dello Stelvio is 22,3km with 46 swithcbacks - sure I have all the Garmin info somewhere. Passo dello Stelvio is also the second highest tar road in Europe, and peaks at about 2650m. The AdH finish is at 1860.

Are they climbing it form that side GoG - the Swiss side?

When I look at that valley I wonder what forces of nature formed its gouged out profile.... one almighty glacier?

If Frank is drafted into the Giro RNT will be fairly strong for the GC in my opinion, Kloden and Frankie could be quite formidable, but I'll still put my money on Nibs if he rides, or Scarponi if he doesn't.

It's official....

Schleck Snr to lead RNT in Giro.

“I see a lot of opportunities for Fränk as well as for the team”, commented RadioShack-Nissan manager Johan Bruyneel. “Fränk is a born leader and a team needs a leader. Moreover, though bad luck and circumstances did not provide the right results, he has shown in the last few weeks that his condition has already reached a high level. I am confident he can surprise us in the coming weeks. It all reminds me of the 2008 Tour of Italy when, one week before the start, we got an invitation for the race. In the end we won the overall.”

Bruyneel

Contenders?

Scarponi would fancy his chances of "defending" his title, with few big names in the field.

Basso leading Liquigas, he could be a factor, but imo he won't podium if he tries to ride clean.

Frank Schleck is to lead Nissan, he could be a contender if he leaves his issues at home and races with determination. But I don't think his heart will be in the race.

Perhaps one of the Spanish climbers - Sanchez or Rodrigues?

Edited by Christie

You talking about Alpe d'Huez ?

Yes, because someone else mentioned Stelvio reminds them of AdH.

Cant say I feel terribly sorry for them, I dislike Bruyneel intensely and I believe "what go's around comes around" - in my opinion he has a lot to answer for, when LA was winning everyone genuflected in the presence of Bruyneel, but its easy to rule in the land of soft drinks with "Coke" in your stable, ruling with "Stoney Ginger Beer" takes something else though - and in my opinion he doesn't have it.

Well said, imo Frank wont be able to pull of a Giro win - Kloden even has a better shot.

But then again we will have to wait and see.

Scarponi is handed the winner's jersey and is the reigning champ.

He will be most desperate to prove that he truly is champ.

Just lovvit!

A race within a race.

*clears throat first*

Uhm, er, Basso will captain Liquigas-Cannondale.

He is feeling confident to fight for the jersey, he says.

:thumbup:

NIBS TO CONTEND IN THE TDF - I Laaik!!