Giro d'Italia 2012

Tankman

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends, often you will get a delayed broadcast after the footy, but if its a Queen stage they do often broadcast it live.

Especially on weekends, where the big stages are often scheduled, football get priority in Italia.

Jakob Fuglsang could be the surprise this year.

Finished 10 in the World ITT last year

Basso rated him as the favourite, in a recent media interview.

keen to watch the giro this year, just got back from a trip to Rome, Campania and Sicily and you really have to see the roads and the surrounding landscape and architecture to understand what they have there.. mindblowing stuff

keen to watch the giro this year, just got back from a trip to Rome, Campania and Sicily and you really have to see the roads and the surrounding landscape and architecture to understand what they have there.. mindblowing stuff

Uhm, did you happen to pick up an Italian bike for 'use' here in SA...

:devil:

Somewhere else in Europe, Cadel and Bradley is taking each other on in the Tour Of Romandie.

Evans is the 2011 champ.

Starting today.

Rain gave it to Geraint! Cav 3rd.

I cant wait, love the Giro.

Basso wil flake out wil have to wat and see who steps up.

Hope he's not there...

He's not ready.

.....and while wasting some time on looking for the final teams and start list I found this little climb which will feature on the penultimate day "The Passo dello Stelvio" finishing on the summit for the first time in the history of the event.

I expect snow, and a great day out.

http://www.grassyknolltv.com/2012/giro-d-italia/stelvio2002.jpg

That pic has no words to describe how amazing it looks! :drool:

Yeah, my fav as well, good tough racing, and minimal PR bull.

If Basso gives it a miss, I dont see how Liquigas cant send Nibs, Italian Company, Italian Race, Italian team, Italian contender (Basso or Nibs), surely they will want to compete for a podium and the Maglia Rossa.?

Yeah, my fav as well, good tough racing, and minimal PR bull.

If Basso gives it a miss, I dont see how Liquigas cant send Nibs, Italian Company, Italian Race, Italian team, Italian contender (Basso or Nibs), surely they will want to compete for a podium and the Maglia Rossa.?

Great race although some people think that 1 x TDF is worth 10 x Giro. Sad but true.

Great race although some people think that 1 x TDF is worth 10 x Giro. Sad but true.

Yeah, dont understand that, far too much PR and media hype for me at the TDF, as a spectacle the Giro is, in my opinion, streets ahead.

Yeah, dont understand that, far too much PR and media hype for me at the TDF, as a spectacle the Giro is, in my opinion, streets ahead.

It sure is strange , same with the Vuelta

Spartacus crashed out of the Classics.

The Schleckies not showing any threat in Ardennes Classics.

Now this for the RNT team :

Jakob Fuglsang will not be able to ride the Giro d'Italia 2012 due to knee problems. The RadioShack-Nissan rider did not start Friday's third stage of the Tour de Romandie because of the knee pain.

He has been diagnosed with an inflammation of the articular capsule and ligament of the left knee. He first noticed it two weeks ago at an altitude camp in Sierra Nevada, Spain.

"I am very disappointed," Fuglsang said. "The Giro was my big objective for this year. Yesterday I had so much pain in the last 40K, I was just miserable. At that point I realized that it might be the end of my Giro dream. Moreover I was already running behind my schedule after the scaphoid bone fracture in the Tour of Catalunya."