Giro d'Italia 2012

Tankman

.....and while wasting some time on looking for the final teams and start list I found this little climb which will feature on the penultimate day "The Passo dello Stelvio" finishing on the summit for the first time in the history of the event.

I expect snow, and a great day out.

http://www.grassyknolltv.com/2012/giro-d-italia/stelvio2002.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the DSTV Coverage like?

Not very good on the SS Channels, and usually just a half hour highlights package at midnight.

.......but all is not lost, watch it live for roughly 4 hours a day on RAI channel 402 or something, the Italian channel anyway.

Dead exciting, and if you think you dont understand Italian, its no problem either, the announcers are so excitable and enthusiastic you will know exactly whats going down.

Love the event, love the Italian broadcasters, and love the crazy Italian teams racing around in the mist.

Probably non existent live but streaming over the interweb is great. Choose your own language and commentator.

RAI channel 430

Edited by raceface_lefty

I wannit to start a thread last night, GOG.

yip - time for this one...

Gonna be interesting.

Greenedge has Goss as their nr 1.

.....and while wasting some time on looking for the final teams and start list I found this little climb which will feature on the penultimate day "The Passo dello Stelvio" finishing on the summit for the first time in the history of the event.

Moer!

:clap: :clap:

How about some repeats on that baby...

Somewhere else in Europe, Cadel and Bradley is taking each other on in the Tour Of Romandie.

Evans is the 2011 champ.

Starting today.

STIEK UIT JOU BANG DING!

Reminds of Alpe d Huez. BTW when are they going back there ? I don't see it on this years TdF route.

Somewhere else in Europe, Cadel and Bradley is taking each other on in the Tour Of Romandie.

Evans is the 2011 champ.

Starting today.

Froomepie is also there......

That's on my to-do list next year ;)

I have driven it and it is long...not so steep....just looks like it will never end.I should get up there in a afternoon

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4149/5028842357_17cec6a176_b.jpg

Edited by gummibear

RAI live only on week days, footy takes over on weekends.

Depends, often you will get a delayed broadcast after the footy, but if its a Queen stage they do often broadcast it live.

Moer!

:clap: :clap:

How about some repeats on that baby...

:D - Yeah, I get cold shivers thinking about it, Gilberto Simoni rated it one of the hardest climbs he has ever done, and coming from him I guess that means its pretty tough.! ;)

Who the main contenders this year ?

Nibali, if he gets the nod ahead of Basso who is struggling to come into form.

post-12015-0-83603100-1335285258.jpg

Who the main contenders this year ?

Not sure, seems the teams are not all finalised yet, but I see Fuglsang, Scarponi, Pinotti, Hushovd and a few others are there, Basso says he is a "maybe" I dont think he is ready, but I am hoping Rodriguez and Nibali will ride as well, imagine Scarponi, Nibs and Rodriguez all duking it out on the Passo dello Stelvio, :thumbup: would be incredible.