Sram Electronic

gummibear

Lots of pushing,shouting and swearing.I ended up turning and going back down the hill.

Bloody roadies with bad attitude hey!

Where were you riding and which nationality accents could you note?

Brake failure due to a flat battery somehow does not appeal to me ohmy.gif blink.gif

That thought did cross my mind too...

Funny! :P

I think Luxembourg is in Europe..... I may be wrong :unsure:

Smaller than the Vrystaat, apparently.

Tucked in between France, Austria, Germany, etc.

The brake pads are made of carbon and regnerate power during braking, so the more you brake the more brake battery power you have.

Rumour has it Fabian, aka Sparticus, has this Groupset with KERS so it can run the erm, little motor in his crank at the press of a button.

Take coat and leaves the room.

Edited by mrmed

Smaller than the Vrystaat, apparently.

Tucked in between France, Austria, Germany, etc.

It's 75km X 45km and is bordered by Germany,Belgium and France.

I was talking to a guy earlier and he says it's a new groupset that is getting winter tested to see how it handles Cyclo cross and winter riding.

I am going to take a drive on that route and take my long camera lens with me ;)

Lots of pushing,shouting and swearing.I ended up turning and going back down the hill.

I assume tour bike was dressed in Campy or Shimano or you may well have dropped the chain in your getaway?

I ride Shimano ;)

That makes sense then. They didn't really mind about the photos, they were just p!ssed off that the plebs thought they could ride with them. ;-)

Over-engineering if you asked me. I have enough trouble trying to keep my Garmin and my night light charged, don't know how well I'd manage to keep the derailleurs and the brakes charged, too. And what I really want to know is what is the advantage of an electronic vs mechanical setup? Maybe for TT bikes having a better pozzie for shift buttons, but outside of that I'm not too sure I 'get' it...

Over-engineering if you asked me. I have enough trouble trying to keep my Garmin and my night light charged, don't know how well I'd manage to keep the derailleurs and the brakes charged, too. And what I really want to know is what is the advantage of an electronic vs mechanical setup? Maybe for TT bikes having a better pozzie for shift buttons, but outside of that I'm not too sure I 'get' it...

They're especially useful for technically inept guys who frequently drop chains. Andy Schleck immediately springs to mind, and this was spotted in Luxembourg....

Edited by velo