[Event] The Sabie Experience 2011

Tim_Fair

I stopped at Middelburg One-stop on the N4 Westbound today and a bloke approached me saying he found a rear MTB wheel next to the road. I have it in my posession. If this is anyone of the hubber's missing rear MTB wheel, please PM me.

There was someone who tweeted about having lost a wheel, not sure if it was a front or back wheel, will see if I can get hold of him.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What an awesome event... Met some amazing people!!! Managed to snap some pics! Had 3 sunny days and 1 slightly moist day but no issues with mud! The singletrack and downhills made up for every metre we climbed up!!!

The start of the HKK climb... post-15722-0-61124500-1324239810.jpg

On top of the world!

post-15722-0-36039800-1324239894.jpg

Almost at the top...

post-15722-0-58136700-1324239947.jpg

Amazing Amazing Amazing!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Perfect 4 days of Mtb riding in the mountains of Sabie....love this race and will be back for many more!!

Nice Pics Christie and MtbBarbie!!Only problem is i have to look at them while sitting in front of my pc at work. :(

Well done Sabie organisers, amazing race again in 2011. Route was fantastic and weather perfect for riding, even S2 with the supposed "flood prediction" was superb.

:clap: :thumbup:

Great event, we really enjoyed it!

The biggest draw back was the bike wash, waiting 3 hours for your bike was simply not on and the vendor won't see my money again. But we'll be back next year for the race for sure :thumbup:

Some more pics:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7012/6537206517_f51cf6fb2d_z.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7034/6537204395_09206d2ff3_z.jpg

took this one at a bad angle :( rotated it more or less right

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7018/6532075165_39b9f52ff1_z.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7164/6532061529_381353a5dd_z.jpg

Great pics and good to hear the damage to drive trains was keep to a minimum. Sorry I could not make it, but the Classic is coming!

I stopped at Middelburg One-stop on the N4 Westbound today and a bloke approached me saying he found a rear MTB wheel next to the road. I have it in my posession. If this is anyone of the hubber's missing rear MTB wheel, please PM me.

contact MtbBarbie its was some buddies of hers that lost the wheel.

wow what a great race. my first time in sabie and first stage race. was awesome. dont think i'll do it again on my SS as it kicked my butt. well maybe the lite. but i'm keen on the X next year. what a great week with great people. thanx guys and girls of Sabie.

Awesome Awesome Awesome. If you were not there you really missed out BIG TIME. 220km of perfectly marshalled and signposted trails incl warnings of obstacles. Some of the best singletrack you will ever ride. Fantastic weather, great people. Is there anything more to say?? Only down side is that the field is getting smaller each year and the Pro's dont seem to show up to this one. Be There next year!

Amazing race. It was my first ever stage race and i loved every minute of it. On day 3 and 4 we had mechanical issue but the amount of people who stop and help is mind blowing.

The best riding i have ever done in my life. That single track on day three (lite) was EPIC.

wow what a great race. my first time in sabie and first stage race. was awesome. dont think i'll do it again on my SS as it kicked my butt. well maybe the lite. but i'm keen on the X next year. what a great week with great people. thanx guys and girls of Sabie.

Hey JC

I met you on the race, I was the dude on the Ti SS. We got terrorised by the Honda idiots. Thanks for helping out. See you around.

I've exported my Garmin gradient data from st4 to go with the pics I took (was a bit of hassle)

Stage:

gallery_154_960_4080.jpg

HKK climb:

gallery_154_960_42657.jpg

Second leg burner on st4, it hasn't got a name, I call it Long tom view:

(I measured a violently steep 21% somewhere on it, ouch!)

gallery_154_960_22768.jpg

Down to the finish:

gallery_154_960_58272.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I got to agree with everybody!!!...what an awesome event!!!...I have been hearing rumors though that there will not be an event in 2012!!....Our true is this??....does anybody know amything?

I got to agree with everybody!!!...what an awesome event!!!...I have been hearing rumors though that there will not be an event in 2012!!....Our true is this??....does anybody know amything?

I've heard something similar! Let's hope it isn't true! Have heard they may just change the structure of the event?

The 2012 Sabie Experience WILL absolutely be on! Some exciting changes are in the offing to re energise the event and guarantee its future!