Till on Supercycling last night...

DB28

So the president, Greg Till was on Supercycling last night and said a whole lot about nothing... anybody feeling extremely positive about Cycling South Africa right about now?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well he basically said everything was hunky dory

He would , you don’t exactly go on live TV and say it’s all ****** !

I don't think the show was live so it is all probably a show. None of the people who present the show want to show CSA in a bad light, so they made it look as though they were tough on him but it was a scam. Time will tell but that guy always looks dodgy to me.

Your comment: 'A lot about nothing' is spot on...

He's avoided safety issue very nicely :thumbdown: Where has CSA created cyclist safety awareness? Did I miss the big billboard on M1,N3,N1? Full page ads in a newspaper? They've said very little in the news about cyclists being killed on our roads, hijackings, etc. And now they're open to suggestions from other groups to ensure the safety of cyclists. A toothless, money eating monster,CSA

I don't know Till, but he appeared very cagey last night. Looked to me like he was hoping they weren't going to put questions to him that could embarrass him. CSA has no financial woes, that he told us. :rolleyes:

I don't know Till, but he appeared very cagey last night. Looked to me like he was hoping they weren't going to put questions to him that could embarrass him. CSA has no financial woes, that he told us. :rolleyes:

only 70% sponsorship achieved in conjucntion with primedia for the 2012 TOSA, so perhaps a scaled down event if the gap can't be filled.

Only 1 year working capital (from what level?) after loss-making events eroded the capital base. Would be interested to see the run-rate on this.

I think his belly has got slightly bigger since his last appearance on Supercycling so things must be going well (for him)...

but seriously, it was definitely concerning to hear they have absolutely no plan with regards to cycle safety... surely they need to take on some of the responsibility of safe cycling???

this is probably a rather useless experiment but i typed Cycling safety into the Great Britain website and then also into CSA's website...

13600 results regarding Cycling Safety came up on the Great Britain site and only 52 results on the CSA website...

Guest Omega Man

A toothless, money eating monster,CSA

Much like the UCI then.

PPA with their millions in the bank should step up an co-sponsor the ToSA

But PPA have no interest in a tour that will cater only to elite riders

Just read this from Ama Rider:

CAUTION!! Cycling politics rant...

Those who think changing the guard at C(ycling)SA will bring solutions have a nasty surprise in store. The problem & politics lies with the archaic structure of affiliates - most of whom have 0 capacity and have done nothing proactive for 10 years. The board ends up focusing on the needs and wants of the affiliates instead of driving a vision.

A bunch of non-pro...fit and for-profit businesses are flourishing in this country without the CSA rubber stamp, so stop crying for endorsement to justify/give credibility to your causes - get out there and make a difference.

CSA needs a company structure with salaried directors minus the "affiliate achilles". CSA needs to focus on its IOC/SASCOC high performance mandate first. If that means that events like World Cups etc run at a loss, so be it. Objectives cost money, riders need end goals, so pay for these goals from the license income/lotto. There is enough $.

Fix the cause, not the symptoms.