What to do with about fake TDF kit - Company I work for TDF team kit

mark ellis

I work for a rather large software company and we sponsor one of the top TDF team. I was fortunate enough to be given popper kit from the team and meet the team.

I have just spotted our teams "replica" kit for sale. I know for a fact this is not from our line of clothing and know the only place licenced replica clothing can be purchased is from our teams site.

I am being an *sshole or am I justified in getting upset when I see this?

Edited by mark ellis

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Consider it free advertising ;)

Report it to SAPS commercial crimes unit and they will handle it.

I saw bike shops in PE with the fake goods and selling it at high prices.

I am being an *sshole ?

Yes.

Get me a set of kit (s & s) and I'll change my answer.

This is the same as complaining about people jumping red lights - if it's a taxi or politician doing it everyone must scream and shout, but if it's a cyclist then it's acceptable to some.

Fraud is fraud and the Commercial Crimes Unit would be the ones to handle the issue.

Fraud is fraud and the Commercial Crimes Unit would be the ones to handle the issue.

How do you know it's fraud? It's replica kit. Do you have the terms of the license agreement under which it was manufactured?

People don't know the difference between replica and copy.

So, on which side of the fence do you fall:-

Yes, its ok because no one knows anyway, or

No, it's not ok because it's taking advantage of the uninformed?

Personally, as a mountain biker I loath at the idea of too many names on my clothes, other that the manufacturer, [cough, vermark] of course. But the idea of fake anything gets under my skin and irritates the crud out of me.

For those who buy fakes because they want to look good and just cant afford the real thing...no hope for you... and for those who buy fakes thinking it is the real thing....well no hope for you either.

Go plain, and use the "KISS' principle- keep it simple, stupid

So, on which side of the fence do you fall:-

Yes, its ok because no one knows anyway, or

No, it's not ok because it's taking advantage of the uninformed?

I'm for replicas if that floats your boat. But I would will never pay to advertise someone else's products. While I was waiting for the final paperwork on my car to be finalised, I peeled of the dealer sticker on the back window. They are not paying me.

I'm for replicas if that floats your boat. But I would will never pay to advertise someone else's products. While I was waiting for the final paperwork on my car to be finalised, I peeled of the dealer sticker on the back window. They are not paying me.

Thats so funny I just did the same thing while at the dealership, they looked at me funny when I said I didn't want it there :lol: :clap: :lol:

Who cares? Never going to wear it anyway.

.....Apparently I bought a fake pair of Spez gloves off this here Hub.

The acid test is going to be whether they last longer than the genuine pairs. Which wasn't very long at all. I suspect they shall

Bye.

See y'all Monday. Off for some MILES of smiles.