Cricket......

E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All gone. Dale = the remover for this test. Love watching him bowl when he is fired up. Having Philander to bowl in tandem with him is awesome.

The #1 ranking system does not work right, imo. Perhaps it was biased to make Aus look less dominant in the previous decade. We should be a lot further ahead of England and Aus imo, after beating both in away series.

Pakistan will be a serious challenge. They have great spinners and fast bowlers, plus batsmen who can play. Mohammad Ifran, one of their fast bowlers, is 7'1" tall. They will contest on bouncy pitches, and their spinners will be a hand full on 4th and 5th days.

5th day ticket for PE test available, just 50 bucks smile.png

Yeah, go have a nice pick nick and perhaps the band will stick around too.

The best quote from cricinfo.com:

"My only hope is that commentators and players get paid per test not by day!" or something like that.

The best quote from cricinfo.com:

"My only hope is that commentators and players get paid per test not by day!" or something like that.

Bwahaha.

Yesterday, the opening comment on cricinfo was something in the lines of "So we've got good news and bad news for NZ.... the good news is that it's a batting day. The bad news is almost all their batsmen are already back in the hut". :D

The #1 ranking system does not work right, imo. Perhaps it was biased to make Aus look less dominant in the previous decade. We should be a lot further ahead of England and Aus imo, after beating both in away series.

It's a decent system, because it needs to take in results over a long period and obviously fluctations will skew things at times.

The real problem is that we actually don't play enough test cricket, always a short series of a max 3 tests. Looking at the rankings, only pakistan (who can't play at home now) play less than us.

India do what they want, and Eng and Aus take up a lot with big 5 test series every second year. Maybe if we can command a position as #1 for a while our stock will climb, but the FTP is set well in advance.

The #1 ranking system does not work right, imo. Perhaps it was biased to make Aus look less dominant in the previous decade. We should be a lot further ahead of England and Aus imo, after beating both in away series

We've played less tests comparatively to England. The system is dsigned to even the playing field, so to speak. In real terms we are light years ahead, although the rankings don't illustrate it and the rating point difference is just 5.

Yeah, go have a nice pick nick and perhaps the band will stick around too.

Guaranteed best seats in the house, VIP tent 'n ol :) First come, first served.

• 4 months later...

Seriously missing Steyn right now in the opening game of the champions trophy against India.

Steady chase by the Flower Power team.

Robbie P in at 4 - interesting.

He's doing well.