Cricket......

E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done to the Proteas, especially Bavuma & RvD! Massive knocks by them.

A key observation made by an viewer:

Edited by Vetplant

8 hours ago, Vetplant said:

Well done to the Proteas, especially Bavuma & RvD! Massive knocks by them.

A key observation made by an viewer:

it seems that add is/was prophetic because I see no way for Bouch to survive the scourn of the SJN circus. a Bakers Kid will make a better coach than the Nkwe-voël... and just as we started to get the ball rolling forward again. 

FFS!!!!!!!

image.png.b48c1c67fde625c880b22cd3b7a8d0b2.png

Edited by gemmerbal

57 minutes ago, gemmerbal said:

it seems that add is/was prophetic because I see no way for Bouch to survive the scourn of the SJN circus. a Bakers Kid will make a better coach than the Nkwe-voël... and just as we started to get the ball rolling forward again. 

FFS!!!!!!!

image.png.b48c1c67fde625c880b22cd3b7a8d0b2.png

hmmm. this is really bizarre to me. At the time of the incident bouch was 20/21 and a junior in the team. He was going along with the seniors in the changing room. There is no way that this can stick in common sense land.  I'm surprised the bullets in the team, (big mac/fanie/AD?) have said nothing about how silly this is, maybe they did. Or can we not just blame Hansie? Or can someone just say that there's a stature of limitations issue.

In other news Board Member Andrew Hudson is on provisional suspension for mocking the family garden executive in a Zulu song in 1972.

On 1/15/2022 at 8:54 PM, gemmerbal said:

She’s a very good writer/student of the game. 

Firdose is excellent, cricinfo did well to get her back. I think she'd be an excellent commentator too.

On 1/14/2022 at 6:51 PM, gemmerbal said:

@babse @Shebeen

you guys had me in stitches! haha... BUT I LOVE TO SEE KOHLI LOSE so I was watching...

On the whole DRS/Kohli issue I will quote our friend DJ Cullinan once again: "for too long Virat has got away with behaviour that is unacceptable" - or something to that effet. Kohli is nothing short of an arrogant so-and-so and he likes to moan when things dont go their way. Pujara or whoever it was complaining that its 11 players against a nation, and thats correct, thats the way it should be when you play an away series. What the hell does he think happens when we play in a packed Mumbai Kolkata Stadium with 80000 rampant Indian fans cheering on the home team? What idiots... the Indians are the WORST losers in the modern game, even worse than the convicts with their sandpaper!

And low and behold, no action to be taken against the Indians... Now you see @Shebeen ???

now now now @gemmerbalI think you have me painted binary on this one. My stance on SA cricket vs India is I feel we need to work with them in the bigger picture. The BCCI essentially controls cricket now, It sucks but that's the way it is. I'm in the if you can't beat them, join them paddock here. We should be trying to make this Freedom Series the 2nd biggest in Test Cricket behind The Ashes, Sure we would always be the junior partner, but would be a F U to Aus and eng.

but yes, Kohli treatment vs (eg) Rabada for disciplinary is just blatant double standards. Just because it was predictable doesn't make it better. 

Ashwin  but yes a senior player

42 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

hmmm. this is really bizarre to me. At the time of the incident bouch was 20/21 and a junior in the team. He was going along with the seniors in the changing room. There is no way that this can stick in common sense land.  I'm surprised the bullets in the team, (big mac/fanie/AD?) have said nothing about how silly this is, maybe they did. Or can we not just blame Hansie? Or can someone just say that there's a stature of limitations issue.

In other news Board Member Andrew Hudson is on provisional suspension for mocking the family garden executive in a Zulu song in 1972.

you see but none of those guys are currently in the way of transformation - read: employing a useless halfwit on the basis of his skin colour. I mean how can you justify employing a nobody in Nkwe over someone like Bouch given the lack of experience in the current teams??? WTF has Nkwe ever done to make him more qualified for the job????

image.png.21a0a29cc8e6609076bf6e1ff38491a7.png

OK so he coached a team of superstars to win 3 trophies in 3 years of piss flavoured domestic cricket, along with playing 40 odd games for a franchise VS someone with nearly 450 international caps (ODI + Tests) to his credit along with 1000 international dismissals???

Woosaaaaaa......

AD is happy coaching his beloved Free State and doing the odd stint here there and everywhere (If I ever run into him at Paarl Golf Club I will freak the shti out and once I recollect myself I will ask him for the inside scoop, my absolute hero that guy! - his house is behind one of the tee's...)

Big Mac, he's just chilling and probably still laughing at the Aussies k@kking themselves when he supposedly brought an AK47 into their changeroom looking for SK Warne.

Hudders, classy batsman, the kind of guy you want your daughter to bring home...

52 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

Firdose is excellent, cricinfo did well to get her back. I think she'd be an excellent commentator too.

now now now @gemmerbalI think you have me painted binary on this one. My stance on SA cricket vs India is I feel we need to work with them in the bigger picture. The BCCI essentially controls cricket now, It sucks but that's the way it is. I'm in the if you can't beat them, join them paddock here. We should be trying to make this Freedom Series the 2nd biggest in Test Cricket behind The Ashes, Sure we would always be the junior partner, but would be a F U to Aus and eng.

but yes, Kohli treatment vs (eg) Rabada for disciplinary is just blatant double standards. Just because it was predictable doesn't make it better. 

Ashwin  but yes a senior player

sorry mate, I just emptied my tank on the last post....

whats a binary?

6 minutes ago, gemmerbal said:

you see but none of those guys are currently in the way of transformation - read: employing a useless halfwit on the basis of his skin colour. I mean how can you justify employing a nobody in Nkwe over someone like Bouch given the lack of experience in the current teams??? WTF has Nkwe ever done to make him more qualified for the job????

image.png.21a0a29cc8e6609076bf6e1ff38491a7.png

OK so he coached a team of superstars to win 3 trophies in 3 years of piss flavoured domestic cricket, along with playing 40 odd games for a franchise VS someone with nearly 450 international caps (ODI + Tests) to his credit along with 1000 international dismissals???

Woosaaaaaa......

AD is happy coaching his beloved Free State and doing the odd stint here there and everywhere (If I ever run into him at Paarl Golf Club I will freak the shti out and once I recollect myself I will ask him for the inside scoop, my absolute hero that guy! - his house is behind one of the tee's...)

Big Mac, he's just chilling and probably still laughing at the Aussies k@kking themselves when he supposedly brought an AK47 into their changeroom looking for SK Warne.

Hudders, classy batsman, the kind of guy you want your daughter to bring home...

and lets not forget said Paul Adams coached WP into the ducking ground and was EVENTUALLY asked to p...s off because he was as...image.png.6d1ae8966b221ad3e42997b6a3cae830.png

Edited by gemmerbal

With the timing of this development, I really get the feeling that CSA want the Proteas to fail. Maybe easier to get rid of Boucher? Could have waited until Monday when the series finished. Punishing every player in the current side as I see it. 

I don't think I'm 100% sure about the decision  to drop Jansen in favour of Magala. Probably trying to take the pace off which seemed to be effective in the previous match.

If it comes off I will gladly swallow my words.

26 minutes ago, l4y3rcake said:

I don't think I'm 100% sure about the decision  to drop Jansen in favour of Magala. Probably trying to take the pace off which seemed to be effective in the previous match.

Not a great start thus far...

image.png.0cae2eb8c32ff2862d370165be1c1c3a.png

33 minutes ago, l4y3rcake said:

Following the comments on ESPNCricinfo, it seems Jansen was rested due to the large workload he had in the tests and the last ODI.

I can get behind that and some squad rotation. But there might have been a better option when looking at the current bowling figures:

He gave up 29 runs in three overs(Econ=9.7), while Ngidi gave up 16 in 4 (ECON=4)

4 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Following the comments on ESPNCricinfo, it seems Jansen was rested due to the large workload he had in the tests and the last ODI.

I can get behind that and some squad rotation. But there might have been a better option when looking at the current bowling figures:

He gave up 29 runs in three overs(Econ=9.7), while Ngidi gave up 16 in 4 (ECON=4)

Dwayne Pretorius, Wayne Parnell or George Linde. Tough one but I would probably have gone with Dwayne.