• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All three results still possible, sa victory would require some record breaking

Faf in at 4, instead of Jakes...??

Hmmm

kallis bowled a lot today, nothing spicy.

All three results still possible, sa victory would require some record breakingkallis bowled a lot today, nothing spicy.

Makes sense.

Gonna be a good day for Test cricket.

Any afternoon thunderstorms forecasted?

Heehee

Makes sense.

Gonna be a good day for Test cricket.

Any afternoon thunderstorms forecasted?

Heehee

Already warm and humid here in the Gauteng - 50% chance of late pm thundere's, maybe to late though :(

Already warm and humid here in the Gauteng - 50% chance of late pm thundere's, maybe to late though :(

That 1st session - crucial stuff.

Go Faf

Go 'Viro!!

I see Swann called it a day. After the arse rape comment on facebook I'm not surprised. The Aussies have probably been working hard on their vaseline sledges all week. Next to go will probably be Cook as captain.

I see there are some rumours about Smith threatening to quit because somebody wanted to force the selection of Tsolikile. That may explain SA being a de-motivated and off their best.

and alviro goes. *sigh*

I hope reports of going for the draw are rubbish. The batting line-up, in partly theory, but mostly practice, is capable of the run chase and the victory. I really hope they dont crawl into their shells, because frankly, they suck when they try..

Edited by Capricorn

I cant understand how the Indian pacers are looking so menacing, but our bowlers got smashed.

Kallis looks in good touch, it will be great if he, Faf and AB can tire their bowlers out some, it is going to be a scorching afternoon.

It will be interesting to see who they call up for the Durban test, if Morkel cant play. I hope it is not Kleinveld - perhaps Tsotsobe due to political pressure?

i'm really hoping they keep Tahir playing. the boy needs to HTFU: give him his own personal shrink for all I care, but keep him bowling. He has all the weapons to be a key bowler for years to come. But his mental make up gives me much concern.

Shane Warne went through the same patch during his early years. and they dropped him hard and long until the selectors realized on-off selection is not how one develops a slow bowler.

We can still win this. If we dont lose another wicket, and the bat at the current run rate, we can get the score. Thenew ball is due just after lunch, though.

Too bad about that poor descision Kallis got, because the match is so delicately poised.

We can still win this. If we dont lose another wicket, and the bat at the current run rate, we can get the score. Thenew ball is due just after lunch, though.

Too bad about that poor descision Kallis got, because the match is so delicately poised.

Yeah, DRS not available.

Agreed.

This game is still on.

Time for AB to show us he really is the best batsman in the world currently. Faf needs to just hold his nerve and bat bat bat...... I am not getting too excited but if we get to 350 for 4 we are in with a shout..... new ball is starting to hit the advertising boards a bit which is good and bad. A flurry of runs in test cricket is often followed by overconfidence, a bad decision and a wicket.

Nerves of steel needed to score the next 150......

they can do this. just steady pace will get them there. No need for surges of runs. They are not kids any more: they've got the experience to see this through to the win. I say again: ZA does not do well trying to crawl into a shell.

besides, they've got to bare their fangs abit: the Aussies are coming, and its going to be brutal.

Edited by Capricorn