Cricket......

E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spectacular feat by Pakistan to chase down 301 on a 5th day pitch in 57 overs and 3 balls. They had 59 overs in which to do the chasing and did so splendidly.

Sri Lanka will rue their ultra defensive approach to this game. They scored over their 2 innings at a touch over 2.35 runs per over with no intention to go for a win.

What looked like a very bad advertisement for test cricket turned out to be a thriller right to the end. I am looking forward to see the re runs tonight. Many may say "Its done all the time in ODI's" but not often after 5 days of cricket on the same pitch and in Test cricket there is additional protection in that one bowler may bowl 25 of the 50 overs if he is capable of doing so, there are no power plays or field restrictions and umpires are more lenient on wides and bouncers.

Well done Pakistan. You have done the game proud.

Spectacular feat by Pakistan to chase down 301 on a 5th day pitch in 57 overs and 3 balls. They had 59 overs in which to do the chasing and did so splendidly.

Sri Lanka will rue their ultra defensive approach to this game. They scored over their 2 innings at a touch over 2.35 runs per over with no intention to go for a win.

What looked like a very bad advertisement for test cricket turned out to be a thriller right to the end. I am looking forward to see the re runs tonight. Many may say "Its done all the time in ODI's" but not often after 5 days of cricket on the same pitch and in Test cricket there is additional protection in that one bowler may bowl 25 of the 50 overs if he is capable of doing so, there are no power plays or field restrictions and umpires are more lenient on wides and bouncers.

Missed that, I'll have to watch the replay too. About time Pakistan played to their potential.

Missed that, I'll have to watch the replay too. About time Pakistan played to their potential.

Last team to beat us! Don't think you can really blame the SL strategy, 1-0 up in the series the defensive option is normally the chosen route(this win is an exception).

In other news the aussies are seriously twisting the knife, going for a 10-0 clean sweep on the tour with two ODIs left to play.

In other other news, Richard Levi came right - 113 off 61 balls (9 fours, 8 sixes!). In T20 I think he's the type of player that you definitely need in your squad. When he doesn't come off, he doesn't waste much time (better than someone scratching around, and then failing). When he does hit the straps, Game OVER. He probably needs to do quite a lot more to get into the squad, but good to see him back. Check the manhattan out - http://www.espncricinfo.com/ram-slam-t20-2014/engine/match/652273.html?view=manhattan

In other other news, Wayne Parnell had the ultimate FAIL.

He had 12 runs to defend in the final over, and it came down to 2 off the final ball.

He got Mosehle caught with this final ball...victory to the Warriors, until they checked the delivery for front foot no-ball...match given to Titans on review.

In other other news, the warriors managed to get out of jail and TIE a match. Parnell was fired from last over duties and Lundi Mbane was given 6 to defend...this is what happened. End of over 19 (9 runs) Dolphins 147/5 (6 runs required from 6 balls, RR: 7.73, RRR: 6.00) DA Miller 17* (18b 1x4) J Theron 4-0-26-2 D Smit 5* (2b 1x4) L Mbane 3-0-25-1

Mbane to Miller, OUT, looking to end the game with one shot, goes to Birch at the long off boundary

DA Miller c Birch b Mbane 17 (24m 19b 1x4 0x6) SR: 89.47

Mbane to Smit, OUT, looking to flick down leg, misses, the woodwork is severely disturbed

D Smit b Mbane 5 (6m 3b 1x4 0x6) SR: 166.66

Mbane to Abbott, FOUR, drives to long off, a bad misfield by Harmer

Mbane to Abbott, OUT, drives to mid on, they run, picked up quickly by Birch who throws down the bowlers stumps as Frylink gets sent back and fails to get back

R Frylinck run out 0 (3m 0b 0x4 0x6) SR: -

Mbane to Abbott, 1 run

Mbane to Maharaj, OUT, goes for a big swipe, top edges, Theron gets under and waits for it to come down

KA Maharaj c Theron b Mbane 0 (3m 1b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0.00

I was tracking that Test series.

Brilliant, Pakistan.

Must say that Misbah has brought real stability to the Paki squad.

So the BEEEG boardroom showdown is today in dubai.

I dunno what the best way forward is, but the three bullies need to be cut down to size.

It's a huge disappointment that the test crowd support was so poor at Durban(especially, since it was Kallis final game) and joburg(greatest draw ever?), would give us more bargaining power round the table.

RAM SLAM T20 Challenge | LOGS

Pos Team P W L T NR Pts NRR

1 Nashua Mobile Cape Cobras 8 6 2 0 0 25 0.98

2 Chevrolet Warriors 9 3 3 2 1 20 0.05

3 Sunfoil Dolphins 7 4 2 1 0 19 0.10

4 The Unlimited Titans 8 4 3 0 1 18 -0.00

5 Chevrolet Knights 8 3 4 0 1 14 -0.57

6 bizhub Highveld Lions 8 0 6 1 1 5 -0.66

So it's the business end of ram slam.

Top team gets automatic home final(should be best of three). 2 and 3 playoff for the other spot(and the lucrative CLT20 slot).

Cobras have pretty much tied up the top spot.

Lions are long gone, knights have got a thin sliver of hope.

the final two play off spots are therefore between the warriors, titans and the dolphins. Games in hand and opponents become crucial here. Will look a bit clearer after tomorrow's Titans/Dolphins clash.

Interestingly there are bonus points for large margins of victory, but not for a close loss. Also a tied game doesn't split the points - 4 for a win, 3 each for a tie.

Edited by Shebeen

RAM SLAM T20 Challenge | LOGS

Pos Team P W L T NR Pts NRR

1 Nashua Mobile Cape Cobras 8 6 2 0 0 25 0.98

2 Chevrolet Warriors 9 3 3 2 1 20 0.05

3 Sunfoil Dolphins 7 4 2 1 0 19 0.10

4 The Unlimited Titans 8 4 3 0 1 18 -0.00

5 Chevrolet Knights 8 3 4 0 1 14 -0.57

6 bizhub Highveld Lions 8 0 6 1 1 5 -0.66

So it's the business end of ram slam.

Top team gets automatic home final(should be best of three). 2 and 3 playoff for the other spot(and the lucrative CLT20 slot).

Cobras have pretty much tied up the top spot.

Lions are long gone, knights have got a thin sliver of hope.

the final two play off spots are therefore between the warriors, titans and the dolphins. Games in hand and opponents become crucial here. Will look a bit clearer after tomorrow's Titans/Dolphins clash.

Interestingly there are bonus points for large margins of victory, but not for a close loss. Also a tied game doesn't split the points - 4 for a win, 3 each for a tie.

The Dolphins have 3 games in hand (potentially 12 points if you ignore the bonus points) it takes them to 31 points.

The Cobras have 2 games in hand. If they win both, they'll be on 33 points. If the Cobras lose both and the Dolphins win 2 of their 3 games they'll finish top of the log.

If the Cobras win 1 and lose 1 they'll be on 29 points, still not enough to secure a home final.

David Miller is hitting form at the right time, so its not impossible.

Edited by GLuvsMtb

So the BEEEG boardroom showdown is today in dubai.

I dunno what the best way forward is, but the three bullies need to be cut down to size.

It's a huge disappointment that the test crowd support was so poor at Durban(especially, since it was Kallis final game) and joburg(greatest draw ever?), would give us more bargaining power round the table.

Yip, but outside of the boardroom the power does not reside solely with India.

NZ comfortably beat them today to take the one day series 3-0 with a game to play.

This follows India's loss to SA earlier this year and their surrender of the number one ODI ranking.

Hopefully common sense will prevail over greed... unfortunately this is typically the exception and not the rule.

Disappointed with the Poms and Aussies - gutless, greedy and selfish.