Cricket......

E1A104

Anyone know why tsotsobe gets to bowl 4 and steyn only on 2? steyn still injured?

stick around, saving the best for last!

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, this one could be close....can the black caps do a proteas?

time for steynja to show his reputation and close this one out

ja, but a lot of the time that will be 30/3, when it's just as much slow run rate than wickets lost.

HOWEVER, with our current tail of lopsy, morras and tahir we actually can't be so happy go lucky with wickets.

I agree there needs to be flexibility but I don't think we should go all gun ho from ball one ... the winning formula is to get off to a good start with out losing key wickets but if that is not manageable wickets in hand in the next best thing (imho)

jirre, heard lots of whoops all around the office, clearly i'm not the only oke on cricinfo at this client!! so is the classified as a choke?

jislaaikit, how's that for a finish from Dale. morne got cleaned up but Steyn evened that out.

steyn for MotM, sorry JP but this is normally a batsmen's game.

No, I don't think the Aussies were ever really in the game.

and did NZ choke with 7 to win off 6 deliveries, 5 wickets in hand? Or was Dale just on another planet with that last over?

Another chapter of the legend. Surely one of our greatest bowlers ever.

Im glad NZ played the last over so badly - striker should have pushed a single and got Taylor on strike first or second ball. Dare I say "the c-word"? (applied to the other team this time!)

Well, I have to eat my words. Steyn good, but Morne not. NZ snatches defeat from the jaws of victory. Also, this was started by Tahir's good over.

Edited by Moridin

It was a ballsy call to bring on morne for over #19 when his first 2 overs had gone for 36. he got targeted and almost didn't leave enough for steyn to defend.

Who's to say the other options of duminy, lopsy or albie would have done any better?

What was crucial was how they managed to stifle ross taylor at the end.

he got to 50 off about 25 balls, and then bled him at a run a ball from then on.

I do think parnell will come in for morne, his death bowling is much improved.

It was a ballsy call to bring on morne for over #19 when his first 2 overs had gone for 36. he got targeted and almost didn't leave enough for steyn to defend.

Who's to say the other options of duminy, lopsy or albie would have done any better?

What was crucial was how they managed to stifle ross taylor at the end.

he got to 50 off about 25 balls, and then bled him at a run a ball from then on.

I do think parnell will come in for morne, his death bowling is much improved.

I think Lopsy needs a little breather as well. Parnel must play the next game

I think SA could be more flexible with their approach and the status of the game. The Aus 7 over game was an example of our inability to sometimes mix it up.

If we were say 90/2 after 10 or 11 Miller could push us over 200 if he bats out. If he hauls out JP can sure things up a bit and we revise our target to 170/80.

If Albie plays we have a big hitter who can be supported by someone like Parnell as a second big hitter.

I don't think Behardien should be in the team as he is neither here nor there ... not good enough to bat top 5 and not a big hitter to bat 6 or 7 and not a good enough bowler to bat 8.

Couldnt agree more!

Have no idea why Behardien is in the side at all!!

It is not so easy to get the batting order just right. We need to get some big hits in in the powerplay, but it does not help to los 3 wickets getting there.

Perhaps: Open with Faf & QdK?

Bowling in T20 is hard. Morkel is too inconsistent for me, and Tsotsobe have not bowled well for a while now, plus he needs some movement to be effective - similar to Philander in a way, more bounce but less control. But who to replace them with?

It is not so easy to get the batting order just right. We need to get some big hits in in the powerplay, but it does not help to los 3 wickets getting there.

Perhaps: Open with Faf & QdK?

Bowling in T20 is hard. Morkel is too inconsistent for me, and Tsotsobe have not bowled well for a while now, plus he needs some movement to be effective - similar to Philander in a way, more bounce but less control. But who to replace them with?

Amla and de kock have almost the same strike rate

Kyle Abbot, Parnell, Hendriks