Cricket......

E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hendricks to van der Gugten, OUT, South Africa get over the line with the skin of their teeth!

T van der Gugten c †de Kock b Hendricks 8 (12b 0x4 0x6) SR: 66.66

so, we stuffed that up big time and are no longer really masters of our own destiny.

If we lose our last game to england we're toast. unless netherlands can beat nz and/or england. but we'll probably still be out on run rate.

So we have to beat the poms.

NZ could still draw level with us by beating Netherlands(likely) and then Sri Lanka in the final game(possible).

They would be ahead of us on run rate, as their margin of victory over the kaaskop is more than likely going to overshadow us edging the brits.

So we need Sri Lanka to beat new zealand in the final game.

If Sri lanka beat england (game about to start), then they will have 19 toes in the door, and therefore much less need to win the final game against NZ.

so, can't believe i'm saying it, BUT

C'MON ENGLAND!

jokes aside, it's fairly obvious to see that Tahir and Steyn are carrying the bowling attack

They have taken 17 of our 23 wickets, and average in the 6 rpo region.

Beuran Hendricks bowled himself into the england match with his 16/1 from 3.4 overs today.

Albie and JP will always have to bowl at least 4 between them.

I don't think Lopsy will play the next game, he's been very poor on these pitches - 1/106 @ 8.8 rpo.

Morne could come back, but he had a real mare and doesn't look anything like the player that had the aussies wearing brown undies last month.

So i think waleed parnell will come in for the last match, we're using all the batsmen at this rate so that helps.

Would they throw phangiso in to get more spin options? this was the game for it, so i doubt it in a must win match.

ok final post for today - guess how many SA players are in the top 10 T20

a)Batting

b)Bowling

C)Allrounder Rankings

the answer to all three is ZERO.

Faf is #17 batsman, Lopsy is #13 bowler and allrounder list only goes to #10 with none of our guys on it(i reckon JP must be our top guy since Albie has been off the radar for so long)

ok final post for today - guess how many SA players are in the top 10 T20

a)Batting

b)Bowling

C)Allrounder Rankings

the answer to all three is ZERO.

look..it is T20...its a useless form of the game so that does not really bother me...But...its still a form of the game that has a world cup...so I guess it is relevant