Cricket......

E1A104

So it's taken one month and 42 matches to get to where most of us thought we were going to be (unless you support England)

I hope they try and speed up the qualifying matches for the next World Cup.

The length of the tournament does not bother me, the time off between games does. If they played 13 games (i.e. each play each other once) and played every second day it would still dish up some exciting cricket. There will have to be bigger squads and they will have to grant the top 8 finishers test status (something to spice up the bottom of the table, i.e. promotion / relegation situation).

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This World Cup is the most boooooring ever. We even have tv at work, but I rather chose to work than watch this. World cup should be contested between the top 8 playing nations. This is like adding school teams to super 15 rugby.

The length of the tournament does not bother me, the time off between games does. If they played 13 games (i.e. each play each other once) and played every second day it would still dish up some exciting cricket. There will have to be bigger squads and they will have to grant the top 8 finishers test status (something to spice up the bottom of the table, i.e. promotion / relegation situation).

correct - the cricket has been good - even bang vs NZ was exciting...as was bang vs Eng....just as exciting as Aus vs Sri Lanka et al

ok getting closer now.

Still think AB is going to try and get a one match ban. imagine him missing out on a knockout game for this dumb rule.

reckon the 1/4 matchups will be

Sri Lanka   South Africa

England   India

Australia   West Indies

New Zealand   Pakistan

have assumed SA beat pakistan, and Aus beat sri lanka....

so I only got one right...should have had more faith in Bangas!

What do you guys think of russell domingo as a national coach? I know it's not nearly as important as a rugby/cricket head, more of a manager but I've never really got the idea that he's as good as our players and hasn't replaced kirsey. Maybe the point of a modern cricket coach is to be behind the scenes keeping everything smooth, not to be in the limelight at all.

for instance, his latest interview is a bit of a gaffe. insists that the battling QdK has a big innings, 'just around the corner'..and that the smoking red hot Kumar Sangakara is due a failure 'just around the corner'.

either way...this is a big fortnight for him

so anyone else phoning in 'sick tomorrow'? think they've missed a trick here with scheduling. 7 knockout games, only 3 are over a weekend. should have rather had double headers for the Q/4

India 1-0 Proteas

Pakistan 1-0 Proteas

Sri Lanka 1-0 Proteas - Sri Lanka are a third team from the "sub-continent".
It will be their undoing... teams from the sub-continent.

I may sound pessimistic (sp) and I am - the Proteas lack BMT. Every tournament I get all hyped up only to see them choke (more often than not). As a result, I have lost interest in watching them play - BUT I will be the first to congratulate them IF they win the CWC... I am souf afree-can after all.

My semi forecast:

SL vs NZ

Aus vs India

Too close to call for the final, but I reckon NZ vs India.

Let's see if I am proven wrong.

edit: I was in Hong Kong (at the Seven's Rugby) when NZ beat us in the QF of the 2011 CWC - another choke by the Proteas, with that id10T of a captain that couldn't even come home with the team to face the music.

Edited by geraldm24