Cricket......

E1A104

The choker tag is now finally shed hey

Especially after the knock-out victory over the Lankans.

I doubt it -  This one from the Guardian:

"South Africa suffer more World Cup heartache after failing to ditch ‘chokers’ tag"

Of course, England's cricket team never gets into a position in the first place where they can choke!

Edited by Joe Low

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://cdn.24.co.za/files/Cms/General/d/3031/de61ec1f496d44ae96caa1b7f770abcc.jpg

I know, but I can't get over this moment of FFS...

Maybe Steyn tried to bowl  a yorker and it came out higher than what he had tried to do .If Elliot swiped and missed how different all would have been today .Sometimes you need a bit of luck to!

Maybe Steyn tried to bowl  a yorker and it came out higher than what he had tried to do .If Elliot swiped and missed how different all would have been today .Sometimes you need a bit of luck to!

nope...you'll see in the presser that AB says they looked at the options. length ball was the double bluff.

I think they should have run him our backing up twice when he ran the byes!

interesting query from RD.

in the pakistan game we get them all out for 222, target was adjusted to 232 in 47 overs.

in the semi. our 281/5 became a target of 298 in 43 overs. 

incidentally, if we didn't bat after the rain break - the target would have been 264 in 38 overs....it's almost like the miller onslaught hardly added anything onto the total.

http://www.sport24.co.za/Cricket/CricketWorldCup2015/Domingo-questions-Duckworth-Lewis-method-20150325

of course it's bad enough a saffa hit the winning runs to get the MotM award, duckworth lewis is a SA concept!

I doubt it - This one from the Guardian:

"South Africa suffer more World Cup heartache after failing to ditch ‘chokers’ tag"

Of course, England's cricket team never gets into a position in the first place where they can choke!

The rest of the world would love to retain the tag.

This generation of cricketers have moved on and displayed excellent performances and will hopefully continue to.

English fans cries with relief when their team wins the toss

Hehehe

The boss thought it wise to do a firedrill at the start of the last over!!!!

Lots of praise for the Proteas in New Zealand.It is tough to win in Auckland,just ask the Boks.

The rest of the world would love to retain the tag.

This generation of cricketers have moved on and displayed excellent performances and will hopefully continue to.

The rest of the world is what matters if you care about the tag at all - fair or unfair.

I would say the comedy collision to miss the catch and the phantom stumping don't help the Proteas' cause, as well as not defending 12 off the last over.

but it's only a game and it's a shame for ABdV for sure as he really is a worldbeater and seems like a great oke too.

turncoat!!

When it comes this close, there's very little separating the sides. There are so many 'what ifs' that it's actually pointless trying to split them out. The biggest one is 'what if it didn't rain'. ABdV could have got 175* and then Kane Williamson's dropped catch would have been what cost them.

Since you were there, do you think behardien/duminy didn't call for the catch, or it was so damn loud that they got drowned out?

Don't think they called it; Duminy should have left it for Behardien.

A loss is never lekker, but heal up champs. There is always next WC.

There are a couple of very good youngsters up and coming, so i think there are some good times ahead for the proteas. Just hope none of them decide to immigrate to NZ.

india down to 108/4 chasing 329.

if Dhoni can bring this one home, he might even be able to tell Sachin when to jump