Cricket......

E1A104

i dont think he has a future due to his age (same as puttick), at the moment we in serious need to blood players. 

Yip

Puttick is an old example

Somehow never got the nod

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont think he has a future due to his age (same as puttick), at the moment we in serious need to blood players.

he's only 33. Now if only the aussies had this type of thinking when it came to Mike Hussey, bowling attacks around the world would have slept a lot easier.

he's only 33. Now if only the aussies had this type of thinking when it came to Mike Hussey, bowling attacks around the world would have slept a lot easier.

and rogers, and voges. seems you either make the aussie batting lineup by age 24 or by scoring 10 000 first class runs.

In hindsight, Cook should have played for this series. But it is good to see selectors retaining faith in a player they believe in.

Can someone convince me why Stiaan is in the side...

7000 runs in first class cricket?

Undefeated century on test debut?

I'll say that he's definitely good enough to be in the test side, but he's trying really hard to convince me otherwise. He's not an opener, and it's showing. 

Sunfoil series - batting stats 2013/2014

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/batting/most_runs_career.html?id=8339;type=tournament

2012/2013

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/batting/most_runs_career.html?id=7535;type=tournament

Edited by my stuff

im not totally convinced, at that age you must be knocking some serious runs consistently (Obviously Mr Cricket is a special case) to be considered over a promising player like Stiaan. 

Amla and Elgar gone  

137/3

Yip.

It looks like they let Goolam Bodi into the change room during lunch.. :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  

im not totally convinced, at that age you must be knocking some serious runs consistently (Obviously Mr Cricket is a special case) to be considered over a promising player like Stiaan. 

I agree. Cook has hit a good run of form, and it would have been justified to put him in for this series. He's good, but not quite as good as his dad - now into his 16th season of 1st class cricket, and probably the first time he's really been unlucky. just scored 76 this morning.

BUT the timing was all wrong. you can decide what conclusions you want from the indian series - but I think the proteas selectors chose not to panic and replace the squad. Even if they did, what could they go on? a single round of Sunfoil series or Ram Slam bish bash?

So now we just keep on playing him, shattering his confidence and then drop him? He would have been far better off finding his balance and timing in the Sunfoil series and with Cook coming off a really good few knocks, 2 games to show the selectors what he's got would be considered low risk. We seem to ignore form in the local games, making it very hard for players with higher aspirations to stay motivated. Edited by GLuvsMtb

In line with earlier comments bout match fixing,we could could not be making a better job of throwing this game.If we get 250 it will be a lot

In line with earlier comments bout match fixing,we could could not be making a better job of throwing this game.If we get 250 it will be a lot

I reckon 300 would be a very competitive total on the pitch. Lots of swing about and good movement off the seam. Nice and fast, lots of bounce. That second new ball is going to take casualties. We should at least try to have around 250 to 260 on the board by then.

I reckon 300 would be a very competitive total on the pitch. Lots of swing about and good movement off the seam. Nice and fast, lots of bounce. That second new ball is going to take casualties. We should at least try to have around 250 to 260 on the board by then.

Well we have passed 250 and rollicking along playing superbly timed thick edges

Well we have passed 250 and rollicking along playing superbly timed thick edges

Hats off to England as well. They have been attacking for most of the day. Its a pity that our scorecard is full of 20's 30's and 40's with no one (so far) cashing in.

Morris and Rabada both seem to be determined to nail down the bowling all rounder spots in the side. JPD may have lost his seat on the bus.