Cricket......

E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Match, series and #1 ranking lost in a session.

Probably also their best win abroad since the 2010/2011 Ashes. A Broad special sinking us as much as he did you guys in during the last Ashes series. And yes the pun is intentional.

Ball is swinging like a banana, yet oddly the world's best swing bowler has gone wicket less.

Could maybe declare before these conditions disappear

Hoggard got the best of us during the 2005 test at the Wanderers. Also swung it miles that day. Remember AD and Polly doing much the same in the 1999 test when they took 19 wickets between them. So yes the Wanderers does indeed boomerang at times.

So apparently Newlands was a bit of a fluke. The batting unit needs sorting. Perhaps Cook should be given an opportunity to open in the fourth test, could hardly do worse than Van Zyl. Faf needs to be dropped and Rilee needs to be given a debut. If Steyn is fit I think he'll replace Viljoen and more than likely Piedt will be back to handle the spinning duty and most likely replacing Morris.

Probably also their best win abroad since the 2010/2011 Ashes. A Broad special sinking us as much as he did you guys in during the last Ashes series. And yes the pun is intentional.

yep, just incredible how a series can be 4-5 matches over 20+ days and it can all change with a superb spell of bowling.

Like you said, Broad is developing a pattern of this, and England are climbing back up the rungs to the top of test cricket partly due to his contributions

We lost because of the batsmen. Our bowlin could be better with Dale and Vern, but we keep losing wickets regularly.

Give Cook a go at opener, and use either Rilee or Van Zyl in his middle order spot.

I would rather not risk Dale in a dead rubber. Morkel is over worked, and needs rest.

Perhaps it is time for Domingo to go? He did well when we had a team loaded with great players, but he is not helping young players improve. Time for a proper coach, I say.

Also, the quality of our domestic cricket needs improvimg. Both Morris and Viljoen took heaps of wickets there, Tahir also.

We need our stars to play some local games, but time and money is a problem.

Also, the quotas may be biting us - I think 6 players of colour mnow andatory for all domestic games, of which 3 must be black.

Also, the quality of our domestic cricket needs improvimg. Both Morris and Viljoen took heaps of wickets there, Tahir also.

We need our stars to play some local games, but time and money is a problem.

Also, the quotas may be biting us - I think 6 players of colour mnow andatory for all domestic games, of which 3 must be black.

Transformed to the point of mediocrity.

Damn! I planned to ride early tomorrow and then treat myself to a full day in front of the telly watching my favourite format of the game.

#patheticproteas