Cricket......

E1A104

Quite amazing story

Abul Hasan has just made his debut for Bangladesh against WI. Batting at no 10 he is the first man in 110 years score a century on debut. Well done!

clap.gif

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow this is not going according to script. vernon out before toss, kallis lasts 3 overs. And they're going at 5.5 an over!

Vernon OUT... ?

eek.gif

yip, woke up with sore back. Aussies have been ruthless today. A proper examination of our depth

Time for the worlds no 1 bowler to come to the party......come on Dale!!!!I see Kallis also have a injury now....is he back on the field?

great that there is ball by ball on radio 2000 for this test. middle session was 176 runs off 26 overs for a single wicket. there is construction at the ground so some short boundaries, but still a bad bad day so far. 306/4

great that there is ball by ball on radio 2000 for this test. middle session was 176 runs off 26 overs for a single wicket. there is construction at the ground so some short boundaries, but still a bad bad day so far. 306/4

Radio 2000 always does ball by ball commentary on the tests and one dayers

As far as our performance our injuries are a huge factor.Something is wrong with our fitness levels and preparation.Kallis is a risk and must be used sparingly.His body has suffered over the years and now he is fragile.

Radio 2000 always does ball by ball commentary on the tests and one dayers

As far as our performance our injuries are a huge factor.Something is wrong with our fitness levels and preparation.Kallis is a risk and must be used sparingly.His body has suffered over the years and now he is fragile.

only say this because in brisbane they had their regular morning show with score updates until 9am. Clearly someone in programming got their priorities right.

Things are not looking too bright at the moment. If a couple of wickets don't fall quickly we will be playing to save this match for the next 4 days.

Eina!

clarke and hussey make their 200 and 100 in same over.

tahir is on a spell of 13-91-0, that could be a record.

steyn back, with new ball. we're f@#$ed here.

because they've gone so quickly they could get to 700 by tea on day 2. And we'll spend the rest of the match batting on what is supposed to be a crumbling pitch on days 4/5.

Good toss to win, they've made it stick and we've clearly been below par.

clarke and hussey make their 200 and 100 in same over.

tahir is on a spell of 13-91-0, that could be a record.

steyn back, with new ball. we're f@#$ed here.

because they've gone so quickly they could get to 700 by tea on day 2. And we'll spend the rest of the match batting on what is supposed to be a crumbling pitch on days 4/5.

Good toss to win, they've made it stick and we've clearly been below par.

0 for 140 odd in 21 overs!!!!!!

Any idea if Jakes OK to bat, given that no runners allowed ?

482/5 after day 1, lets hope our bowlers come back strong tomorrow and bowl the remainding 5 wickets out before Aus gets to 550.

okee dokee, steyn gets his second wicket of the series (the world's best bowler is now 2/191 of 47 overs) - hussey bowled for 103 and it's stumps.

clarke is now on 483 without dismissal, this innings on a strike rate in the 90s.

They've really managed to place themselves in such a strong position by batting so quickly. With the short boundaries and a quick outfield there's been a huge proportion of runs coming from boundaries. 70% of the runs have come from 66 fours and 9 sixes. That's quite a stat, 66 fours and only 5 threes. In their brisbane innings of 527/5 it was 46% of the runs from boundaries, with 22 threes, 61 fours and not a single six.

Our best hope is that we can also bat well in the first innings. We're looking to Amla again, time for a triple century sort of thing. I really don't rate their bowling attack, but they probably won't bowl as much twak as we have here. It will be a real test of character, but the guys will just have to knuckle down and aim for the follow on figure. As long as we don't go tooo quickly there won't be enough time to swing it around.

cricinfo report. funny stuff

Pwnage. That's the only word for it. Either that or Michael Clarke has been playing in god mode. How else could one explain Clarke scoring his fourth Test double-century this year, a feat that nobody, not even Bradman, has ever achieved? How else could Australia have piled on 482 runs, the most they have managed in a day of Test cricket since 1910? But this was no video game. Graeme Smith couldn't switch off and start over, no matter how much he wanted to.