Beware of Giant top end bicycles.

Jurgenbike

Exactly the reason why i bought a Specialized Sworks Epic. It's a MTB and should handle the terrain and my weight. I want to ride it like i stole it and not have to worry about any part failing on me. I thought of upgrading my sons Giant Trance 2 to an Anthem, but after reading this thread will go the Specialized route. Thanks for fair warning in advance on the Giant top models...

I have seen more cracked Epic frames than just about any other brand. Plus if you have an issue with either chances are you'll get sorted by Giant A LOT quicker than Spez. Don't let this troll influence you.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen more cracked Epic frames than just about any other brand. Plus if you have an issue with either chances are you'll get sorted by Giant A LOT quicker than Spez. Don't let this troll influence you.

I agree......if one is going to allow the ranting of this fool influence your decision....me thinks you have a major shortage of "grey matter"!!

Like this one? :blush:

20080407_090316_sp.JPG

This thread is clearly a PRANK. the original poster has gone AWOL or has been abducted by a GIANT.

He was back yesterday, but has no further comment.

I see that he rode Wines2Whales this past weekend.

I wonder if he/his bike survived unscathed...

post-615-0-88970300-1321445688.jpg

Mmmmm I'm a bit slow today! You mean my Giant road bike? I'm very happy with my 2011 TCR! And I was happy with the Giant before that and the one before that. My top tube cracked in a Killarney fall, so should I also send letters to everybody? Maybe I can get the new 2012 TCR! And a new Giant 29er! Or I guess this thread isn't about the road bike, but rather the MTB!

Thought you would have some view as a Giant rider, altogether.

;)

Jeez, not good :( Will the bike shop where you bought the bike not sort you out? Surely they should be honoring the warranties :unsure:

The bike shop has given me allot of support however it is ultimately Dragon which needed to supply the goods. The owner of my bike shop actually took parts of his bike an put it on mine so that i could keep riding. Ultimately I paid for most of the replacement in the end.

Your probably the first person to snap a crank like that at the blades, and to be honest judging by that pic it looks like you properly abuse a bike :o .....judging by the way the bar snapped looks like you do a lot of drops?

I always got good services from Giant...but if your brake snaps why should they replace it? How do you break a brake?

Unfortunately I could not put the whole story on the Hub as it was just too much. The brake could was matched to my bike. Avid said that they were defiantly a warranty issue but only giant could get that particular brake. Dragon said it was not a warranty issue when they heard they had to replaced it. After much fighting with the MD he promised to replaced it, it has been a year and a half and i have heard and seen nothing. I subsequently bought the latest xtr brakes and they are assume.

Yes i aFarleyly hard on a bike buy you must understand this is a all mountain bike and you guest it i am all in the mountain.

So what you are saying is that you want a XTR specced bike?

Do you have any photos of the complete bike?That crank looks like it has seen some good use.

post-9586-0-82046600-1321551808.jpg

post-9586-0-86849100-1321551779.jpg

post-9586-0-93545300-1321551847.jpg

Dunno, hey? Smear Giant all over the place, and the first pic clearly shows the Raceface brand? Is it just me that is confused?

Giant spected the whole bike and i trusted their judgment. If a wheel falls of a BMW vehilce they wont blame some company in China, they will take responsiblily and sort it out. If it was just the crank i would say **** happens it MTB after all, but every thing broke with in one year.

F*&k Jurgen stop reving the people up.Your bike shop does not even sell Giant!!

We all know you ride a Makro special with trainer wheels ??

F*&k Jurgen stop reving the people up.Your bike shop does not even sell Giant!!

We all know you ride a Makro special with trainer wheels ??

You must be a schwinn lover

You having a laugh right??

So one oke posts how his Giant destroyed itself whilst he was JRA, 35 other posters say they never had a problem with their Giants (including myself I might add), and you've made your mind up.

A pathetic and lame first post, if I've ever read one.

Perhaps a Dunlop is more suited to your abilities.

Thats ugly man !