Beware of Giant top end bicycles.

Jurgenbike

Well it cost a lot less then your bike and touch wood no breakages is a year??

All my biks cost more that a schwinn but you right at least yours hasn't broken yet.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

... seat clamp post stopped working....

?????? :unsure:

The Giant came out with a really poor seat post with a clamp attached to it which did not clamp properly to the saddle and as a result after a couple of rides the saddle would tilt up and down. Giant them selves admitted it was a design floor.

He was back yesterday, but has no further comment.

I see that he rode Wines2Whales this past weekend.

I wonder if he/his bike survived unscathed...

I can assure you at R 65 000.00 it is no Prank !!!!!!

Dude thanks for the info was thinking of getting a giant but no way now!!! cool for that

It was like this doc .I was sitting under a tree reading my bible then somebody stuck a broken bottle in my face.Do you believe this too?

Unfortunately I could not put the whole story on the Hub as it was just too much. The brake could was matched to my bike. Avid said that they were defiantly a warranty issue but only giant could get that particular brake. Dragon said it was not a warranty issue when they heard they had to replaced it. After much fighting with the MD he promised to replaced it, it has been a year and a half and i have heard and seen nothing. I subsequently bought the latest xtr brakes and they are assume.

Yes i aFarleyly hard on a bike buy you must understand this is a all mountain bike and you guest it i am all in the mountain.

Grammar Police Alert!!!

could was matched - could be matched?

that they were - that it was

defiantly - definitely

replaced - replace

assume - awesome

Yes i aFarleyly - Yes, I am fairly

guest - guessed

i am all in the mountain - I am a mountain man...

Grammar Police Alert!!!

could was matched - could be matched?

that they were - that it was

defiantly - definitely

replaced - replace

assume - awesome

Yes i aFarleyly - Yes, I am fairly

guest - guessed

i am all in the mountain - I am a Brokeback Mountain man, that is why I whinge like a little girl...

There, I fixed it wink.gif

Don't see what this has to do with GIANT as the only thing that says GIANT is the frame!

All the components are from different manufacturers!

Oh, sorry the handle bars also said GIANT, but who rides with the standard '***' bars anyway!

How much do you weigh? Matter of interest.

That is what I was thinking, sounds more like crash landing on rocks that broke the blades off? And now he wants XTR....I want to trade in my E46 BMW M3 for a E96 M3 cause the rim broke.... :blink:

I think the same...

post-9586-0-17544800-1321553981.jpg

What i did not do is attach a photo of the bike ring which is hardly damaged to prove that did not happen. Find attached I have R 250 000. worth of biks in my garage i dont need to beg for a spare part. post-9586-0-17544800-1321553981.jpg

MTB_Roadie how can you say whether someone abuses a bike or not?? One fall at low speed on a pebble stretch and the cranks can look like this. These are after all mountain bikes, not fine china. They will get ridden and used in some heavy situations.

I can't believe this much can go wrong with one bike without it being some form of issue. The thing that makes it hard to believe is that these are all seperate parts from different manufacturers all failing. Most would put these collections of failures down to a heavy incident outside of a typical warranty situation, if they chose not to believe your account of the timeline and circumstances around these breaks.

Good luck. Hope you get the result you're looking for!

Thanks Boet

As I turned the corner on day two my handle bar snapped in half sending me crashing into a tree. I had to cycle for 6 hours with blood pouring out of my leg and half a handle bar to get to help.

The bar just snapped while you were turning ?

6 hours of blood pouring out of your leg ?

When you start excaggerating for effect, the story loses credability. Then I start to wonder how much of any of this is true.

Sorry I will get my Lawyer to right it next time.

Just teasing! I really rate the top end Giant road bikes. Im sure it will serve you well this coming sunday. My money is on you to take the SV. Its about time the red team pull one through :thumbup:

Road bike are different as they dont have to go through the same hardship. Actually my favorite bike was a giant anthem (MTB) i loved it and i am still sorry i sold it. I am comenting on the Giants top of the range bikes and in paticluar the Trance advance.

You have R250k worth of bikes in your garage? but you cannot afford plaster and paint for your walls?