Beware of Giant top end bicycles.

Jurgenbike

Where is 'scotty' with his cat on the couch with a beer and remote control when a thread needs it?

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have R250k worth of bikes in your garage? but you cannot afford plaster and paint for your walls?

Nope too busy buying bikes the one next the trance is a Dogma cool hay

The Giant came out with a really poor seat post with a clamp attached to it which did not clamp properly to the saddle and as a result after a couple of rides the saddle would tilt up and down. Giant them selves admitted it was a design floor.

Oh the seatpost where it attaches to the saddle. Now i get it...I had 1 of those. Broke during a race and i had to cycle without a seat post. 6km later i gave up..hard to finish a race standing on a bike .Once the saddle is gone it's difficult to balance. Why didnt u say so in the first place.

Oh the seatpost where it attaches to the saddle. Now i get it...I had 1 of those. Broke during a race and i had to cycle without a seat post. 6km later i gave up..hard to finish a race standing on a bike .Once the saddle is gone it's difficult to balance. Why didnt u say so in the first place.

To be fair I had the same problem with my anthem seatpost - had to replace it with a thompson.

I agree the single bolt design on the giant seatpost was a stupid idea.

As an aside I dont think this guy's grammar is really relevant here - I assume English isn't his first language.

To be fair I had the same problem with my anthem seatpost - had to replace it with a thompson.

I agree the single bolt design on the giant seatpost was a stupid idea.

Agreed. Those seatposts are crap.

As an aside I dont think this guy's grammar is really relevant here - I assume English isn't his first language.

Nope, the grammar isn't an issue, the credibility of his story is…

Unfortunately I could not put the whole story on the Hub as it was just too much.

…see what I'm saying?

Road bike are different as they dont have to go through the same hardship.

I have broken 4 road frames and 2 sets of cranks since 2008, 1 Giant frame through multiple crashes and 3 (other brand) frames through wear and tear - cracked at the BB - all since 2008. So yes, there is 'hardship' on the road depending how hard you press on the pedals and what happens during your races.

At the moment I have a TCR Advanced SL / Sram Red which despite 1 crash and a lot of hard mileage I've had no issues with - 5 podiums since October and going strong thumbup1.gif

At the moment I have a TCR Advanced SL / Sram Red which despite 1 crash and a lot of hard mileage I've had no issues with - 5 podiums since October and going strong thumbup1.gif

Not bad going for a smoking cowboy! :thumbup:

post-9586-0-17544800-1321553981.jpg

What i did not do is attach a photo of the bike ring which is hardly damaged to prove that did not happen. Find attached I have R 250 000. worth of biks in my garage i dont need to beg for a spare part. post-9586-0-17544800-1321553981.jpg

I have to differ with you here. Those rings are shot. If you have 'shark fin' teeth on the middle and big blade, itshows bad chain wear. You small ring probably have long sharp teeth already as well.

If you kept your post factual initially, you would have had some credibility, but trying to sound like an expert when you clearly have elementary knowledge and by exagerating you've rubbed the hubbers up the wrong way.

Next time stick to the facts and dont pretend to know everything, then some of the peeps here may be more sympathetic.

I have to differ with you here. Those rings are shot. If you have 'shark fin' teeth on the middle and big blade, itshows bad chain wear. You small ring probably have long sharp teeth already as well.

If you kept your post factual initially, you would have had some credibility, but trying to sound like an expert when you clearly have elementary knowledge and by exagerating you've rubbed the hubbers up the wrong way.

Next time stick to the facts and dont pretend to know everything, then some of the peeps here may be more sympathetic.

And some of the teeth between "six o'clock" and "nine o'clock" look like they've taken a knock.

TO ALL FELLOW CYCLIST THIS LETTER IS ONLY TO WARN YOU THAT GAINT BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

dude looking at thoses pic's you trashed your bike. now you want somebody else to pay for it...

suck it up.. and learn how to ride without trashing your bike.. i had a GAINT and loved it.. gave me 7 years of good service. until she finally broke this year..

been through several crashes including several car crashes..

if i was dragon sports. i too would ignore ou...

And some of the teeth between "six o'clock" and "nine o'clock" look like they've taken a knock.

No, they haven't taken a knock. They're neither bent nor worn. The reason they're shorter is 'cause they're designed and manufacturered that way. They are the shifting teeth. It is a feature, not a failure. Buy don't stress, lots of rookies make this same mistake.

post-9586-0-17544800-1321553981.jpg

yadayadayadayadayadayada I have R 250 000. worth of biks in my garage i dont need to beg for a spare part. post-9586-0-17544800-1321553981.jpg

Post some pics of the garage please.

No, they haven't taken a knock. They're neither bent nor worn. The reason they're shorter is 'cause they're designed and manufacturered that way. They are the shifting teeth. It is a feature, not a failure. Buy don't stress, lots of rookies make this same mistake.

You cant take these rookies anywhere.