Beware of Giant top end bicycles.

Jurgenbike

Typically the response I thought one would get. Top end means, top end. More than the value of your house one would say. Nobody said anything about DI2. Dont make Assumptions dude.

Soek moelikheid op 'n ander plek boeta.

If you are so loaded you can afford a bike that costs more than a house, you obviously have enough cash for a second one when your massive manhood cracks the top tube.

Glad they said no.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys why attack the poster, clearly Dragons are not known for assisting with warranty claims. Some or let's say a few have had some service from them but a lot have had no service or difficulty with them.

Guys why attack the poster, clearly Dragons are not known for assisting with warranty claims. Some or let's say a few have had some service from them but a lot have had no service or difficulty with them.

Achtung achtung - logic alert!

Burn the heretic - we can't have common sense and reason gaining a foothold on thehub. This place is for jumping to conclusions, making baseless accusations and using the exception to prove to norm.

Burn the heretic - we can't have common sense and reason gaining a foothold on thehub. This place is for jumping to conclusions, making baseless accusations and using the exception to prove to norm.

Post of the year!

Edited by Jaco-fiets

Not attacking him at all... He came on here, said he had a cracked frame that dragons wouldn't replace. No additional info, no photos, no response from dragons as to why they're not offering a warranty replacement, nada.

Yes, if you buy a "top end" bike, you want the warranty etc to be bulletproof. But the warranty shouldn't cover negligence or abuse. Without any more info, we cannot say that dragons are at fault.

Oh and the comments about DI2 and me creating trouble, montblanc? If you read the whole thread, you'll see that it has a bit of relevance and was entirely tongue in cheek.

Don't jump to conclusions, one would say...

Not attacking him at all... He came on here, said he had a cracked frame that dragons wouldn't replace. No additional info, no photos, no response from dragons as to why they're not offering a warranty replacement, nada.

Ditto.

Captain, just saw your signature, congrats :thumbup:

Shot bro. Uber chuffed, we are. And the response we get when we say that the 5 stitches on her arm are from when.she.came off.her mtb 2 weeks ago? Ooooh! you shouldn't be doing that! Stop her from riding!

Pffft! The gynae just looked at her and laughed, then proceeded to show me his brand new mtb.

Edited by cptmayhem

Have the OP shown his face on here again? Really don't want to go through 12 pages of crap to see for myself.

Have the OP shown his face on here again? Really don't want to go through 12 pages of crap to see for myself.

Only once or twice, on about page 3 or 4... Just dug himself.deeper and deeper. Looks like he really trashed his bike.

I forgot that....thanks for bringing me back on track

Same thing happened to me. Got a new high end bike last week, went out for a ride yesterday on a gravel road and it just broke. Everythhing just started to snap etc....

Do you think the warranty will cover it?

post-12877-0-36676700-1322724637.jpg

Same thing happened to me. Got a new high end bike last week, went out for a ride yesterday on a gravel road and it just broke. Everythhing just started to snap etc....

Do you think the warranty will cover it?

post-12877-0-36676700-1322724637.jpg

And you lived:

"Here is a crazy story from Jeremy. I have no idea how he is still alive. I've suffered some pretty serious accidents, and even I can't imagine how much this hurt.

This happend a long time ago. In may of 94 or 95 I was trying to hit 60 mph. I had hit 59 but couldnt break the 60 barrier so I got road tires and a bigger front chain ring. I was young and dumb and tried it at night with no lights. A truck made a left in front of me this is the aftermath. It took a year and seven surgeries (two bone graphs) to get me back on my feet. Obviously this is no fault of the carbon, but 15 yrs later I still have visible shards in my leg to remember my first mountain bike. Now 15 yrs later I am still a bicycle messenger, and I love it."

Bustedcarbon.com. Used to be a fun site.