94.7 Expo (What not to miss)

Nickzta

Indeed, do that, Sandton is a mess, I was in Katherine drive early this morning (nothing 94.7 related) and Grayston was backed up 30 minutes, around Sandton its chaos with the road works just on Fredman, if you can go by some other means except car do it, the aggro is not worth it.

I was on the M4 this morning with no backup, even in the mist and rain....oh wait I live in durban :thumbup: ....and my brother collected my registration pack for me so I don't have to go anywher near Sandton :clap:

Watch out for us on a social tandem

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just got back and loved it! its my first 94.7 so my first expo :)

i saw the pinnarello i want :)

quick question, in the envelope i only had my race number and the action photo stickers, seems other people had other documents etc etc? anyone else notice that?

What sidi shoes are you getting? Also planning to have a look at their new Ergo 3's

Dominator 5-Pro Mega - mtb

I battle to get wide cycling shoes so I thought I would try these.

Overnight Temperature: 17°C

A mix of cloudy and clear skies with a few showers. Chance of a thunderstorm. 5 to 9 mm of rain.

Sunday Morning Temperature: 19°C

A mix of cloud and sun with showers likely. Chance of a thunderstorm. 1 to 4 mm of rain. Windy at times.

Sunday Afternoon Temperature: 23°C

A mix of cloud and sun with showers likely. Chance of a thunderstorm. 2 to 5 mm of rain. Windy at times.

Sunday Evening Temperature: 20°C

A mix of cloudy and clear skies with showers likely. Slight chance of a thunderstorm. 3 to 6 mm of rain.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

The section on Malibongwe heading to Lanseria that had roadworks are all fixed up...even if it is a little rough. I think someone had a deadline for today :)

Oakley was swopping out JawBones last year, so you could get a new frame, you just keep your lenses, still wondering if i wanna change my frame if they have it this year :blink:

ASG should have a kick@$$ stand there as well :unsure: makes me scared!

COWS are there to mug you, don't worry, we take credit card too :thumbup: We'll also be pimping off a CUBE MTB, besides all the COW merchandise, socks, T-Shirts, Caps, gloves, UV armies etc etc etc. Come support a good cause!

Motorbike it is....cos then i'm restricted with how much i can carry :rolleyes:

Oakley was there again, swapping out madly!

So my take:

Parking was a mess! I am glad I went on the bike.

No signage as to where to go to once you are in SCC. So go to floor below ground level. Number collection was a breeze. (I thought the goodie bag was fuller than previous years)

32GI has a superb stand! Great Addidas Sunglasses stand! Quite a lot of indoor trainer equipment, Lot's of kit(bibs& tops): Here a bib, there a bib, everywhere a frikken bib and top. Kit, kit, kit everywhere, not too many special prices though.

Beautiful MTN bikes all over.

Pinnarello (can never remember how to spell that) had a fantastic stand.

It's gets a little crowded at the exit, plenty of give aways at that point. So if you want to buy your biltong, make sure you have your money ready and have your bag open.

Edited by Nickzta

Hope the rain holds up some how...I only have slicks

Slicks & rain = faster... all you have to do is stay upright

I see what you guys mean leave the plastic at home, ouch!!

Why do they give us woman magazines in our packs?

i wondered the same! gave the mag to my wife!

i see some ppl got T-shirts in their packs??

Going there at 12pm this arvie till around 2pm..... then home.....carboload on a few birre and the weekend starts!! :thumbup: :lol:

My 1st road race is gonna be good!! :clap:

i wondered the same! gave the mag to my wife!

i see some ppl got T-shirts in their packs??

Had to order souvenir t-shirts and moisture management t-shirt extra!!

Edited by Gerhardc