94.7 Expo (What not to miss)

Nickzta

94.7 Expo opens soon.

I was wondering if anybody was aware of any "not to be missed" special exhibts or special offers?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DO miss the dude selling the rear lights for R50.Hope to see him this year to tell him his product is rubbish. Light didn't work from the get go, brand new out of the box. Checked for loose wires, replacing the battery didn't help either. :angry:

No phone number on the box, retailer name, nothing.

With race number collection I take with R100 and leave all cards at home. Really do not trust myself.........I do not want anything, I NEED everything :drool:

I am not riding but will go to watch everyone spending money. Still recovering financially from the 09 expo.

Agree that the biltong on the way out was nice.

And how quickly did everybody forget how chaotic the parking and long ques were last year. The main reason I will never do these big races ever again. By Friday 3pm the Hub will be buzzing about how bad everything is.

dont forget to stop at the CHOC COWS stand. there are two signed and framed Jerseys for silent auction.

the first is

2010 XC WORLD CHAMPION MERIDA JERSEY. SIGNED BY JOSE HERMIDA.

the second is

2011 NEDBANK 360-LIFE JERSEY. SIGNED BY KEVIN EVANS AND DAVID GEORGE.

go on and place your bid

Was there earlier today, everyone's still doing setup. Still, looks to be some interesting stuff.

Things I notice being unpacked/setup was the unicycle stand, Shimano's Di2 equipped bike, First Ascent with some really cool event shirts, the usual bling bits and bikes and Tread stand with a rather striking backdrop if I do say so ;)

Nearly forgot, the Giant stand looks like it could be spectacular, one dude there was wrenching a carbon XTC 29er. What a beaut frame.

Perhaps JurgenBike should stop by there ^_^

Edited by danger dassie

A unicycle stand you say? Hmmm... Think I need to find my motorbike key fast and go on Friday (no way I am going in the car with that parking mess). :clap:

A unicycle stand you say? Hmmm... Think I need to find my motorbike key fast and go on Friday (no way I am going in the car with that parking mess). :clap:

That is the answer. Best time to own a scooter... Pull up, helmet under the seat and finished browsing while some are still looking for an empty parking bay... :clap: :thumbup: