Drol

Garfield2010

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The opposite also happens tho - was in a rag-tag bunch on part of the N14. Everyone was just so grateful to have a bunch at that stage that all was very chilled. Was one of the best parts of my day...

:clap:

That is exactly the thing. It is not what is said, it is how it is said. In any case is the reason for "seeding" not to sort out slow vs fast? So why are people starting at 09h30 and then get upset if they have to pass through 15,000 riders?

I think in future races I will take tear gas with me.... but it will not be for criminals.... it will be for fellow bike arseholes!!

I am going to design a Superman/Greenpeace cycling suit and if I see you litter I will **** you up!

Have any one seen the movie Kick-ass??

So beware people.....

Donner! and here I thought I was the only one with road rage on a bicycle.... :lol: :lol:

Mostly aimed at a'hole drivers and the odd ombeskof cyclist. It just irritates me that these cyclists just throw their papers away - as someone said - they came out of the jersey, so why can't they find their way back?

On a few occasions I have contemplated picking up the cigarette butt that someone drops out of their car and just politely throw it back into the car, and just say 'I think you dropped this out of your car'.

You get them at every race. 3 Years ago at the Argus there was a group of 6 lady-riders that managed to jump across to our group. They were screaming and shouting at the rest of us about lines. Without looking around, one of the guys in the group said "R100 bucks say they ride for CycleLab". Needless to say, they were quite miffed with the accurate assessment from this guy and started to chirp him and the rest of the bunch about it.

Without a word we simply closed all the gaps and kept them at the back, with a few stronger riders falling back to block them off. Coming off Blue Rote, just before we turned onto Main Road the bunch accellerated, but the wall at the back waited 40 seconds or so before kicking to leave the 6 ladies in no-mans land. I had my massage and had time to put on a fresh shirt when I saw them crossing the line that day.

I figured out that day why you don't piss your fellow riders off.

You get them at every race. 3 Years ago at the Argus there was a group of 6 lady-riders that managed to jump across to our group. They were screaming and shouting at the rest of us about lines. Without looking around, one of the guys in the group said "R100 bucks say they ride for CycleLab". Needless to say, they were quite miffed with the accurate assessment from this guy and started to chirp him and the rest of the bunch about it.

Without a word we simply closed all the gaps and kept them at the back, with a few stronger riders falling back to block them off. Coming off Blue Rote, just before we turned onto Main Road the bunch accellerated, but the wall at the back waited 40 seconds or so before kicking to leave the 6 ladies in no-mans land. I had my massage and had time to put on a fresh shirt when I saw them crossing the line that day.

HAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAA, love it!

AAAAA, that dreaded dead wheel, sorted a few mamparra's ( Sorry Andre) to no mans land and then left with a TT to the end

HAHAHAHAHA good one... Never P unknown riders off, they might end up breaking you in to pieces... Saw this happening a couple of times before... HAHAHAHAHA

The opposite also happens tho - was in a rag-tag bunch on part of the N14. Everyone was just so grateful to have a bunch at that stage that all was very chilled. Was one of the best parts of my day...

LOL I was in one to :) I shouted HOLE so loud the tanie to the right almost fell off her bike - she did however say thank you as she did not see it :P

We had the same in our group D, it's as if some of these guys just learnt some new words "keep your line"

I'll show you a line, come Mtb with me!!

:lol: :lol: :thumbup:

Why is it always the gruis-snorre-dudes ruining it for everyone. Had the same experience at the Argus this year with a ou-toppie thinking he owned the road, shouting at people left right and centre.

I made the mistake of telling the oke to cool-down, only to get an elbow in the ribs. Idiot!

MAYBE YOU SHOULDN'T GENERALIZE ???? - I assume by your comments you are refering to older people than yourself ?

I'm 59 done 18 Argus's, 3 Epics, 7 Sani2c's, etc, stec, and you know what ........... I have never throw/littered anything or shouted at anyone to "hold their line" - on MTB races I have given the odd "passingright" as a cursory notice of my intention to pass. I might add that sometimes those rash brash wet behind the ears so called cyclists have ruined many rides for many genuine cyclists

MAYBE YOU SHOULDN'T GENERALIZE ???? - I assume by your comments you are refering to older people than yourself ?

I'm 59 done 18 Argus's, 3 Epics, 7 Sani2c's, etc, stec, and you know what ........... I have never throw/littered anything or shouted at anyone to "hold their line" - on MTB races I have given the odd "passingright" as a cursory notice of my intention to pass. I might add that sometimes those rash brash wet behind the ears so called cyclists have ruined many rides for many genuine cyclists

I do agree iCHOPS.

But there really is no need to shout, if you wish to avoid being 'generalized'.

Some real petty remarks when passing slower riders in the right hand part of the road and just general arrogance. (Some of these comments came from a big group wearing Vodacom branded kit on the N14) :thumbdown:

Was this at about 8am? I saw the Vodacom group after the N14 but some of those riders were on their limit, trying to hold on to Chris Froome's back wheel. :lol: .

Their comments sounded more like gasps for air.

Was this at about 8am? I saw the Vodacom group after the N14 but some of those riders were on their limit, trying to hold on to Chris Froome's back wheel. :lol: .

Their comments sounded more like gasps for air.

08:00?? :lol: I was still having breakfast at that time (only started at 09:13)

Nah, must have been round twelvish.

Why do we always get them?

That's because when they started out cycling & doing races someone shouted at them "keep your line"!!!! Hence they are so angry that they can't wait for the opportunity to repay some damsel in distress for the abuse they had to experience some years ago. Sadly I noticed the same trend here on the Hub what a vicious cycle.