Cyclo-Cross in South Africa

FC&P2C

Cheers.

I have installed a bar-end shifter on the other side with a deore FD - works a treat.

Last thing to do is get some midge or luxy bars, then we are away!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CycloX is so hipster right now....

You want proper fixies and pure toughness, hit the track! Track cycling should be massive.

Those stupid skinny jeans just won't cut it in the mud - especially with a cigarette dangling from the mouth!

Nah, cyclo cross is a top sport. Did it for a few seasons in the UK & Europe and it is s*itty as all hell. No one really watches it despite the what the photos show. It's muddy, wet, cold (or frozen) and being on a road bike with a few changes is wholly impractical... but jeez it is such a great, brilliant, stupid sport.

I'd be there in a heart beat!

• 4 weeks later...

I've been sussing out the web for months now...want to do some road, but also dirt roads, and MTB and road is no good, so CX is the obvious choice. Why on earth is Evans Cycles so expensive with delivery to ZAF?? They have some fine machines at good prices, but the delivery bumps it into new MTB price range.

Any shops up north that might stock a bike or two?

Speak to Matthew at Cotic - www.cotic.co.za

I got my steel Cotic X from him (frame and fork only, though).

Awesome bike!

The 2013 Ritchey catalogue is available for download >>>HERE<<<

Cyclo-cross Frames

29" frames

27.5" frames

26" frames

Road frames

• 2 weeks later...

have had my cross bike for 3 years now, its a keeper and definitely one of the best bikes ive ever bought......

+1

have had my cross bike for 3 years now, its a keeper and definitely one of the best bikes ive ever bought......

+ 2

• 5 weeks later...

Been watching "behind the barriers" and REALLY keen to race cross, looks like soooo much fun !

We should try get something going, even if it means people start with locked out forks on mtbs and normal road bikes.

I don't get it??? with all the technology - that Fox / MTB tyre companies etc. etc. have spend millions on...why would one want to do without it??

I just don't get it...

• 2 months later...