My kind of 29er

Iwan Kemp

I am missing something here.

If I remember corrcectly, the am/dh fraternity was heavily against the bigger wheelsize for a number of reasons...

Manufacturers have learned a lot since 29ers became all the rage. They've had to start from scratch in some regards and solve problems 26ers didn't have. Took the a while to do that, but once they got going 29ers have been handling a lot better. You will always have the bigger wheel effect, but A LOT of the negatives have been neutralized with design and new ideas.

Think 51mm off set forks, head angles, chainstay length, getting rid of the front der to accomodate even shorter chainstays, dropper posts gaining traction allowed curved seat tubes, shorter stems and wider bars along with longer top tubes...

The biking world is a different place today.

am I seeing a shift in perception here?

Yes

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

So...what should it be? Looking for a "one bike" 29er. Blaze the trails and not be scared of the odd CT Enduro.

So...what should it be? Looking for a "one bike" 29er. Blaze the trails and not be scared of the odd CT Enduro.

Santa Cruz Tallboy LTc - Thank me later :whistling:

Edited by Skott5

Bwaaa ha ha ha ha

[quote name=DJR' timestamp='1322146643'

post='1538219]

If you read the thread topic in Afrikaans, it sounds truly like something a 29er fanatic will say: My child or 29er(?). :D

• 1 month later...

Excellent fork choice too and MRP has been of great assistance to Zealous - nice;)

post-36678-0-56012000-1410861157_thumb.jpg

post-36678-0-48872300-1410861160_thumb.jpg