Best way to carry water on a run

CatGirl

days are getting warmer now and today quite hot!

so.... im going for a 10km run after work(now now) and will have to take water with.... ma hoe?

dont want to run with a camel bak...nou weet ek nie

any suggestions?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

days are getting warmer now and today quite hot!

so.... im going for a 10km run after work(now now) and will have to take water with.... ma hoe?

dont want to run with a camel bak...nou weet ek nie

any suggestions?

Get one of those belts from sportmans warehouse with the water bottle in the back.

Two zip lock bags with water, carefully take the filled bag and pull the bra away from your body, put filled bag over body and release the bra with a loud snap, follow same procedure when and as you get thirsty, or sommer pic a route with a garage on the way.

ten kays is short enough to not take water along, if you have to.... consider a hydration belt if like me you don't like running with a bottle in the hand. you can get one at sportmans for about R200

Two zip lock bags with water, carefully take the filled bag and pull the bra away from your body, put filled bag over body and release the bra with a loud snap, follow same procedure when and as you get thirsty, or sommer pic a route with a garage on the way.

bwaahahahahaha! too funny! :lol:

i agree with the belt option, seems like the most comfortable option.

ha ha ha

there is a garage on the way nogal, i also have a colleague that lives on route, i'll somme get him to stand by with the water! laugh.gif

the thing with anything that straps onto your body(belt/camelbak)...it dangles! ek wil nie dit he nie..dis irriterend..laugh.gif

ha ha ha

there is a garage on the way nogal, i also have a colleague that lives on route, i'll somme get him to stand by with the water! laugh.gif

the thing with anything that straps onto your body(belt/camelbak)...it dangles! ek wil nie dit he nie..dis irriterend..laugh.gif

Very irritating, but the belt works well, you don't really feel things on the hip area.

I saw some kind of bottle that affixes to your upper arm with a strap, can't remember the name now, it was an American product, the bottle was fixed to the strap with velcro so you just ripped it off, drank your fill and then stuck it back, bottles look small through, maybe 300ml or so.

Empty 2L Diet Sprite bottle.

It is clear, so you can see how you are doing.

You will be doing your bit for recycling.

Enjoy your run! :thumbup:

ha ha ha

That's not nice!!! :blink:

just an afterthought: wats die kanse om van daai blou water sakkies in die hande te kry wat hulle op die watertafels by races het??

daai werk vi my, een in elke hand...biggrin.gif

just an afterthought: wats die kanse om van daai blou water sakkies in die hande te kry wat hulle op die watertafels by races het??

daai werk vi my, een in elke hand...biggrin.gif

:blink: :eek: :o

I don't take water on a 10km run (unless it's in mid day heat, which I try and avoid). For longer runs I try and plan it so I run past a garage, where I take a few gulps at a tap. On *really* long runs I take some money with and buy something more substantial at said garage, and down it, before carrying on. No situation is ideal, as I would like to spread my liquid intake more evenly than taking on 500ml in one shot eek.gif