What do the pro's take??

Wonder Woman

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like others have said, it will get better as you get fitter. I used to be kaput after a Saturday morning ride and would have to take a nap afterwards (maybe not a bad idea, you would be surprised how much a 30 minute nap will help!), but as I got fitter the need for that decreased. Obviously if you are still getting over the yuppie flu it's going to be a bit more difficult. Getting some protein and carbs after the ride should also help.

btw, what do you use before and during a ride? I'm sure that will influence your post ride recovery as well. If you are 'refuelling' while riding I'd think that you would be less tired afterwards.

Edited by Jacquers

+1 on what Andydude said! I started cycling not too long ago. Was feeling really kuk one day, tongue dragging on our epic 20k(!) journey. I was wondering when this will be getting easier.

My friend told me, I think it's (direvitive of?) an Eddy Merckx quote: You never feel better, you just go faster.

Bwahahahahaha !!

No miracle expected at all...

I already take b injections every 3 days.

Iron is 100%

Calcium and magnesium low but no matter what I try it does bugger all. Leaves me craving chocolate all the time :D

Wonder if I should try ozone therapy??

Creatine??

Cell Food??

What else is there that is legal and won't leave me with cancer??

Sleep is not an option, I have a 17 month old girl. I only ride tues, weds, thurs morning for 1 hour and 3 hours saturday. Not overtraining at all.

You're telling me the pro's don't take stuff....sure!! I know more than you think ;). Been in this game a while but I guess unless you're in the team you'll never know.

Oh yes, and I battle with yuppie flu but it's been 5 years now...should be getting over it.

Then there's bugger all you can do. Epstein Barr and the other little nasties that go hand in hand with YF make you tired. Be carefull of too much Vit b, will lead to depression. Diet is critical, stay away from processed sugars and gluten. Try it for a few days and you will notice the fatigue is not nearly as bad. Also give coffee a skip for a few days and see what that does

WW,

When you mentioned yuppie flu, it clarified a lot about the extensive fatigue.

Tricky syndrome that.

:blink:

When I was in school I was a pretty good athlete - went to SAs every year, etc...I stopped running for a few years and started running again about 2 years ago. What a difficult thing to do! I mean I used to be good at this, then all of a sudden I suck, I try running fast but I kill myself on every run. Struggled to get into it again and I had pains I never had when I did it regularly. I think this is what's happening to you too.

Problem is we have this idea in our heads on how easy the exercise used to be. But we forget how much we sucked when we started back then too. It takes time and it's really hard not to push ourselves too hard when we start back up again. Take it from me, I hardly run anymore. I started cycling and I'm not looking back smile.gif

Take it easy, it's gonna take time.

and now you go and irritate the whole football world. :P

I can recommend the L-Glutamine. Have had a quicker recovery time since using the stuff.

+100 ... and MOST IMPORTANTLY an anti-oxidant. I use Pro-Oxidin. There's so many toxins and chemicals in the modern food chain and environment our bodies haven't yet evolved to cope with it all.

No loss for City with an ego like that ... wink.gif

True. I hope they sue him for his overpaid slaary for the whole season.

@Wonder Woman

You looked pretty good this morning :thumbup:

And for a MTBer you even greeted :thumbup: :thumbup:

What has worked for me is using 32Gi. When I used a high Gi carb drink on my Saturday & Sunday rides I was finished by lunch time. Using 32Gi I can make it to my normal bedtime and I'm riding at a higher intensity.

See you Tuesday :D

Ok soooooooooo... To some up what I am hearing so far:

17 month old child, (guessing you've not been back on the bike for too long. To be nice about it, let's just call it a training base of 12 months max) not enough sleep at night, recent bird flu(lol), 5yrs ago you had yuppie flu & you are still not totally over than, B injections every 3 days...

And now you want what the pro's have?

Wonder Woman! Perhaps what you are looking for is an entire team of support staff, a personal Chiro, your own dedicated Physio and a very generous sponsor...

I'm very curious what the pro's take for supplementation and recovery. I'm soooo struggling with fatigue and muscle pain...would be nice to be able to live a normal life again??

Drop me a mail mark@32gi.com, not sure if u r the one i chatted to a while back with a virus, all the best m, ps: i help 16 pro cyclists with their nutrition if u want to know what they do for recovery ;-)

Ok soooooooooo... To some up what I am hearing so far:

17 month old child, (guessing you've not been back on the bike for too long. To be nice about it, let's just call it a training base of 12 months max) not enough sleep at night, recent bird flu(lol), 5yrs ago you had yuppie flu & you are still not totally over than, B injections every 3 days...

And now you want what the pro's have?

Wonder Woman! Perhaps what you are looking for is an entire team of support staff, a personal Chiro, your own dedicated Physio and a very generous sponsor...

Ha ha ha...now that would be perfect :).

In all honesty, Why can others do so much more than me??

I know a female who has 2 kids and manages to run in the morning and gym at night...what am I doing wrong?