Endomondo, amazing app!!

Soggy

I tried it yesterday it show my exercise time but no map,speed or anything else only my time on my log in on there site, ;) on my Nokia it shows time but not speed act.Am I missing something

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How often does it send updates to the website? I used an application called pinmarks.me the other day while cycling and in an hour it used 9Mb of data sending updates!

Is Endomondo data intensive when sending live updates?

Not data intensive at all. Very small files. Uploads in a jiffy, so no need for 3G coverage, works well on lesser speeds

I used it this morning and found it quite accurate :)

+1 :clap:

Thanks Hubbers, very nifty app this - will definitely be using it from now on. Wish I knew about it earlier!

I tried it yesterday it show my exercise time but no map,speed or anything else only my time on my log in on there site, ;) on my Nokia it shows time but not speed act.Am I missing something

Check if the GPS on you phone is enabled and picking up Satellites before you start a workout!

Not data intensive at all. Very small files. Uploads in a jiffy, so no need for 3G coverage, works well on lesser speeds

Nice, I'll try it then.

As stated I've preferred Sports Tracker but they haven't added live tracking yet. The only problem switching apps is having all your old workouts on a different site. May need to look at importing them somehow. Has anyone done this?

I am not doing the Cape Epic next year, but I did notice a endomondo challenge for cape expic riders. Just do a search for Cape Epic & click join to join the challenge

Do I need to sign up on the website once I've downloaded to my phone( which I finally managed to do)? Also when on the website it shows live feeds of random peoples activities, whats that all about?

Do I need to sign up on the website once I've downloaded to my phone( which I finally managed to do)? Also when on the website it shows live feeds of random peoples activities, whats that all about?

I believe you only need to sign up in the app. Can't remember though

My phone is set on Pretoria/Harrare, its a Sonyerricson Satio. When I finished the ride and took out my phone it asked if it could connect to the net, I dont know when during the ride this popped up because before I started I gave it permission to access the net. is there some setting that you can set that it connects by itself?

http://www.endomondo.com/home I dont know if you can check my stufff out on my home page. The map here seems to be correct.

Check the Endomondo setting and select to not do the automatic upload. I did that yesterday for a 50km cycle. It saves all the info to the phone and then after pressing stop you can select "upload workout" on the menu. It should only popup once then to ask you to connect. Im not sure on the other settings of the Satio, havent used one before.

Maybe test it around the block at home. No need to go for a long ride to test.

Yep, sign-up, then you can track your own progress, have Endomondo friends - and track their training, partake in "challenges", etc.

Great fun and addictive!

How do I avoid all the "social network" crap?

All I want to do is connect with my route, not a pack of sociopath PDF files..... <_<

And how do I activate that "power saver" thingy on a Galaxy SII? This thing chows battery like I chow popcorn !

How do I avoid all the "social network" crap?

All I want to do is connect with my route, not a pack of sociopath PDF files..... dry.gif

And how do I activate that "power saver" thingy on a Galaxy SII? This thing chows battery like I chow popcorn !

Don't accept any invitations to crap friendships. Keep it real.

Go to settings and active the battery saver - reduce screen brightness, etc, etc.

Is it rooted?

Don't accept any invitations to crap friendships. Keep it real.

Go to settings and active the battery saver - reduce screen brightness, etc, etc.

Yep. I'm watching WHO!

Done that. I see there is a powersaving setting. You have to BUY E/Pro - sneaky buggers!

Audio Coach - DISABLED !

Peptalk - DISABLED ! (If I needed a coach, I would strap her on !)

What is the COUNTDOWN setting for?

Edited by The Drongo